• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Refs Are Effing Us On The Road

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
(I gotta admit that's its kind of nice that we're competitive enough that I can start this thread)

Edited for the Kids

Last edited:
Same shit every year. It will hurt us more this year due to our lack of depth.

CJ Harris got bumped every time he went into the lane. Don't remember him getting to the line once. Pissed. But I'm happy I'm pissed instead of indifferent. Team showed a ton of guts to fight back like that on the road.

They may have set a record for no-contact foul calls tonight.*

*Duke games not included

Do you blame them for thinking that Nikita bloodied his own face, though?

28-16 fouls. Did Maryland attack the basket that much more than we did?

28-16 fouls. Did Maryland attack the basket that much more than we did?

No.

We actually got called for an over the back when Travis had position between Len, their 7 footer, and the basket and Len went over his back to get the rebound. That sums it up for me.

Tough game for the Deacs. Liked a lot of what I saw. Would have been nice to get some calls, but we lost the game on the court..

I'm pretty sure the over the back was over Padgett. Either way awful call.

That is what I've come to expect from ACC officiating. Basketball and football. Awful.

We really did get hurt by the officiating today. Obviously there are gripes after every game by both teams, but this was the first time I think we've really gotten screwed over since the game at Virginia Tech two seasons ago.

No.

We actually got called for an over the back when Travis had position between Len, their 7 footer, and the basket and Len went over his back to get the rebound. That sums it up for me.

Tough game for the Deacs. Liked a lot of what I saw. Would have been nice to get some calls, but we lost the game on the court..

CJ Harris got hit 3-4 times on his drives to the rim - no call. He made a couple of them anyway - but he got hit.

CJ Harris got hit 3-4 times on his drives to the rim - no call. He made a couple of them anyway - but he got hit.

I was saying that Maryland wasn't more aggressive than we were. Not disputing that we lost a few points due to officiating. Considering how many points they left at the line, I'd argue that it probably balances out somewhat.

We had some chances that, had we managed the game better, could have given us a shot down the stretch. Some weirdly low IQ plays from CJ and some fairly status quo decision making from TC really screwed us down the stretch.

Back