• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita is One Tough SOB

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
We all saw the inadvertent elbow to the face he got the other night during the MD game. Even after the injury, he continued to play on.

I've heard that he had surgery yesterday to fix the damage, but still practiced and went to class afterwards. Regardless, he's all kinds of sore (rightfully so) but doesnt want to take any pain meds because he doesnt want anything that could hinder his performance.

I know in the past, he's been under fire from some, but I'm digging the determination to play through the pain as to not let his teammates down.

Nikita is very touh, plays all out but isn't that great as a player. If everyone played as hard as he did, they'd be much better.

If we could extract some of Nikita's toughness and inject it into Ty, we would have a monster.

Nikita gets minutes because he plays balls to the wall all the time, even in practice. He will be the first one to dive after a loose ball and call a teammate out for not hustling.

I just wish he wasn't so spastic sometimes.

Wow. What did he have surgery on? Probably to save a tooth or two.

Doc Rivers had some kind of surgery to save that big fang tooth of his his rookie training camp with Atlanta

I thought broken nose at the time, kinda hard to see.

Love Nikita's effort. The fact that he's even a decent contributor at this point says a lot about how much he's improved since the beginning of last year. If he could just hit the open 3 more consistently, combined with his pump-fake and hustle he might be considered dangerous.

I didnt hear specific details, but when he got hit it apparently jammed his teeth up into his gums.

Through his mouth guard? Damn.

The only information I heard was that he had surgery to fix the injury and it dealt with his teeth/gums.

Last edited:
Knocked his two front teeth back at a 45 degree angle. Had a wire inserted that night to hold them in place. More extensive work was done yesterday upon return to W-S. It is my understanding that he was not wearing a mouth guard.

I like Hello's story about him jokingly saying to him "you talking shit? you talking shit" in his heavy accent.

Also, we had some Mormons visit the other day and the guy said he'd been talking w/ Nikita and stuff. That was pretty funny.

Knocked his two front teeth back at a 45 degree angle. Had a wire inserted that night to hold them in place. More extensive work was done yesterday upon return to W-S. It is my understanding that he was not wearing a mouth guard.

Ouch.

Thanks for the additional info!

I didnt hear specific details, but when he got hit it apparently jammed his teeth up into his gums.

I think this is what happened to Doc Rivers actually. Hopefully, Nikita's teeth won't look like Doc's.

Nikita is not the most talented player but he is essential to this team. he is the only one that will bang in the post and we have a lot of timid shooters...he is not one of them! he will do what needs to be done on the offensive side, i just wish he made a few more of those shots!

Back