• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

post game comments?

That was the worst game I've ever seen Wake Forest play. I can't think of a single thing they did well today.

My issue is this: Today was mostly uncharacteristic of this team this year, save for the ASU game. There was no semblance of an offensive gameplan being executed. TC had a game so bad that most fans around me were calling for him to be taken out whenever he stepped on the court. The rebounding somehow hit a new low tonight. Nobody wanted any loose balls. State got tons of open shots, on almost every possession (and missed their fair share of them). Travis did nothing, and CJ couldn't create a shot to save his life. It was unarguably a disaster. Everywhere.

But again-- this was an uncharacteristic game for the Deacs. In the other games we've lost (save for ASU), we had issues like shots not falling or CJ being out. This was totally different. Just completely awful.

I don't know how it happened, but I would put money on a game like today not happening again. We'll lose more games because other teams are more talented, but I can't see us just being this abysmal in every single possible department again.

They just confuse me. They played hard against Maryland and today they looked nothing like that....

This was actually pretty much par for the course for our offense. This is just a tougher defense than most we have faced.

Almost the only time we get the ball inside is when TC or CJ drive into the lane one on one.

That was the worst game I've ever seen Wake Forest play. I can't think of a single thing they did well today.

My issue is this: Today was mostly uncharacteristic of this team this year, save for the ASU game. There was no semblance of an offensive gameplan being executed. TC had a game so bad that most fans around me were calling for him to be taken out whenever he stepped on the court. The rebounding somehow hit a new low tonight. Nobody wanted any loose balls. State got tons of open shots, on almost every possession (and missed their fair share of them). Travis did nothing, and CJ couldn't create a shot to save his life. It was unarguably a disaster. Everywhere.

But again-- this was an uncharacteristic game for the Deacs. In the other games we've lost (save for ASU), we had issues like shots not falling or CJ being out. This was totally different. Just completely awful.

I don't know how it happened, but I would put money on a game like today not happening again. We'll lose more games because other teams are more talented, but I can't see us just being this abysmal in every single possible department again.

Wanna bet

I did miss the first half of the MD game.

They just confuse me. They played hard against Maryland and today they looked nothing like that....

Don't forget that Maryland is awful. We simply cannot compete against any team with actual talent. State is mediocre and their guys are simply better in every facet of the game. It is so bad that it isn't really worth it to watch them on TV anymore...forget taking the time to actually go to the game. I want the so called AAU talent back....

Agree that today was an aberration. It's a young (bad) team, which means they're gonna get blown out from time to time and means that they will struggle to string together good performances. Sadly, MD counted as a decent performance so today's embarrassment isn't that surprising.

Expect that they will play pretty well against Duke, and lose by 12-15.

Don't know if Bz is the answer but it's still too early to judge him. Have to see what next season has in store before we can fairly conclude whether he is up to the challenge. Really do feel for him right now.

Back