• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TC IS improving

I predict lots of this in this thread:

rjkarl.gif

Moon is an absolute idiot when it comes to sports.

Way to call out a 19yo kid..big man...

BTW, he's the third leading scorer, leads the team in steals and assists.....Oh yeah the "TO machine" that everyone say he is happens to lead the team in Assist/TO ratio for players in the normal rotation.

But don't let facts get in your way. ...

Moon is an absolute idiot when it comes to sports.

Way to call out a 19yo kid..big man...

BTW, he's the third leading scorer, leads the team in steals and assists.....Oh yeah the "TO machine" that everyone say he is happens to lead the team in Assist/TO ratio for players in the normal rotation.

But don't let facts get in your way. ...

"when it comes to sports"

I didn't anything more than that.......on other subjects you are very good.........

RJ, I agree calling out a kid personally is not necessary at all and this thread should not have been started but can you really quote our PG play as having a good Assist/TO Ratio. Sure our PG has the ball all the time so by default he will get some assists by chance but our PG play has done nothing in terms of creating opportunites for anyone else to score. It just isnt working. Unfortunately we don't have any other options. We are just lacking some serious talent right now.

RJ, I agree calling out a kid personally is not necessary at all and this thread should not have been started but can you really quote our PG play as having a good Assist/TO Ratio. Sure our PG has the ball all the time so by default he will get some assists by chance but our PG play has done nothing in terms of creating opportunites for anyone else to score. It just isnt working. Unfortunately we don't have any other options. We are just lacking some serious talent right now.

Tony has improved from last year.

Is he better than a back-up PG in the ACC? No.

Is he the best option we have? By far.

As to TO's, he has the ball the most of any player on our team. the FACT is he 20% FEWER TOS than two other players on our team who each have the ball less than he does.

Does he make mistakes that he shouldn't? You bet he does.

Does rj ask himself questions in order to then pontificate towards others? You're God damn right.

As to TO's, he has the ball the most of any player on our team. the FACT is he 20% FEWER TOS than two other players on our team who each have the ball less than he does.

did rj just call tc the best shitty player on the team?

did rj just call tc the best shitty player on the team? not cool rj.

If Aaron Ingle had been healthy he would have played today.

TC is our point guard. He can't keep making this many mistakes, or anywhere even close to this many for us to have a chance. He does not seem to understand his limitations, and Buzz must tell him what these are. Buzz must tell him against what teams, and in what situations, he is allowed to go the rim, and where he is not. Other than that, it's the old you gotta keep your head up and see the whole floor, if you wanna be a point guard.

He had more than 5 turnovers if you count that terrible bounce pass on the break that got "deflected."

He is and will be better than yesterday - not sure what happened - but you add his numbers with Fields' and our PG play was as bad as any I have ever seen.

He is improving. He is also not the long-term answer at PG. The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

It's pretty easy to pile on when the team is doing bad. I've done it too.
In comparison to Ish in his SO year.
Ish ...2.5 TO per game and 8.5 ppg.
TC....2 TO per game and 10.6 ppg.
Both seemed to play out of control early on. Maybe he just needs more time to understand his role.

I really wonder if this is true. Would Harris at point and Fischer at 2 be a better option?

I rarely go out and propose a different line up than the coaches as I am absolutely certain they know more about the sport than I know. But in this case, I wonder if they have a blind spot.

Back