• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Buzz get canned this year if:

Sportin' Woody

Reaction score
1. We lose out or by the grace of all things holy win one or two more games?

2. We have another player get tossed (culture and character, remember?)

3. Opposing fans continue to out number Deacs in the Joel

4. The Joel is empty in all but the Big 4 games (see # 3, above)

I am sure I can come up with more inevitabilities for this season .... the question being what will it take before Wellman is forced to admit a huge mistake

I think he gets canned if the "high character" guys on the team quit on him and we lose out. I don't think that will happen so we're looking at one more year.

Short of [Redacted] or one or more of his players being charged with a felony I see him coaching at Wake until at least the end of next season.

Buzz only gets fired if Wellman follows him out the door.

Only way it would happen is if we lose out which I don't think will happen. Even if we lose out it's probably pretty unlikely unless we do so in spectacular fashion.

I'm a good friend of Wellman and I can tell you this: Bzzz is going nowhere for at least two more years. You can take that to the bank.

Surely some of the big money donors who actually matter have about had enough. My pitiful amount aint squat

I'm a good friend of Wellman and I can tell you this: Bzzz is going nowhere for at least two more years. You can take that to the bank.

I'll take it to the bank that you aren't a good friend of Wellman.

I have a strange feeling that Buzz will resign this year. Losing to BC might be the final straw for him. Not sure I would blame him for giving it all up.

I think he gets canned if the "high character" guys on the team quit on him and we lose out. I don't think that will happen so we're looking at one more year.

Then they wouldn't be considered high character guys anymore. That would just be another build in excuse. More players we have to get rid of in order to be successful.

Agree that we have at least 2 more years of Bzz.

I've always said that if we finish below BC this year he should absolutely be fired. Doubt RW holds the same belief though.

I asked this on another thread: surely the big money donors have had enough of this?

Buzz only gets fired if Wellman follows him out the door.

bzz is fired when wellman precedes him out the door. wellman hitched himself to the bzz wagon. he knew bzz's resume was mediocre at best when he hired him. that's why he said he went with his gut and knew it was the right decision. nothing but his gut to go on.
nothing wellman can do can save his reputation (with regards to this hire) other than sticking with him and hoping it works out. eventually. it may get him fired. probably not. most likely he has to fire bzz at some point and he will say "we really had to change the character and tone of this program. bzz did that and i will be forever thankful. unfortunately we had some bad luck and were not able to match the culture change with wins. new coach anybodybutbzdelik will be the guy that takes us back to prominence (aka relevance)"

I asked this on another thread: surely the big money donors have had enough of this?

Until someone takes away their open bar under the stands, I wouldn't hold my breath. You people put WAY more confidence in the "big money donors" than you should.

well on the good news front I found out about 45 min ago during halftime of a great Saints game that my new girlfriend is a squirter.

So I got that going for me.

How much could it possibly have cost to buy out Dino? $200?

Back