• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Board of Trustees question

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Anyone here have connections with some deep pocket board of trustee members? I got to believe there has to be frustrations with Wellman buzz and Hatch. I have heard some rumblings about Hatch, but I can't believe what Wellman has done to the basketball program. I can't imagine 3000 people for games rest of the year, except duke and unc. those should be nice away games for the deacs.

I know 20 guys who never use to miss a game, that didn't even watch the game today. To me that is a big problem.

I may have started this so I will just say that in the future I think it is important that all parts of the administration are actively involved in the workings of the athletic department. We all know how involved Hearn was on national committees and the workings of our own athletic department. Hatch is probably trying to define his own way but Wake Forest basketball is, like it or not, a big deal. And I know Hatch plays ball, so I expect him to step up. I expect he will.

And I apologize for the weenie comment on the other thread. Frustration, pure and simple.

People who think Wellman is a bad AD continue to amaze me with their stupidity.

People who think Wellman is a bad AD continue to amaze me with their stupidity.

Name 5 successes of our Athletic Department in the past 3 years. You probably can, but I would like to see the list for shits and giggles. Cheers.

Oh, you're back? Expected you earlier, DeaconBrad. Glad to see that you are well, sir.

Why wouldn't I be back?

This is the best inside source on Wake athletics due to your well-connected posters and super users.

I'm eager to hear the feedback from the Board of Trustees.

Last edited:
Name 5 successes of our Athletic Department in the past 3 years. You probably can, but I would like to see the list for shits and giggles. Cheers.

That whole Deacon Towers thing turned out pretty well.

John curry

John, was responsible for bringing bruce pearl and lane kiffin to UT

Anyone here have connections with some deep pocket board of trustee members? I got to believe there has to be frustrations with Wellman buzz and Hatch. I have heard some rumblings about Hatch, but I can't believe what Wellman has done to the basketball program. I can't imagine 3000 people for games rest of the year, except duke and unc. those should be nice away games for the deacs.

I know 20 guys who never use to miss a game, that didn't even watch the game today. To me that is a big problem.

Did you graduate from Wake Forest? Your writing is atrocious.

Why wouldn't I be back?

This is the best inside source on Wake athletics due to your well-connected posters and super users.

I'm eager to hear the feedback from the Board of Trustees.

You aren't even good at trolling. What are you good at, Bradley?

Did you graduate from Wake Forest? Your writing is atrocious.

Nope, didn't even graduate high school, guess I shouldn't be posting here. Can barely read or write, but I know a crappy basketball program when I see one and I find it hard to believe that the large donors at Wake continue to tolerate it.

Nope, didn't even graduate high school, guess I shouldn't be posting here. Can barely read or write, but I know a crappy basketball program when I see one and I find it hard to believe that the large donors at Wake continue to tolerate it.

LOL I changed my mind about Goolsby. He can stay

POTD

Back