• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Harbaugh - Message to Sunshine Brigade

socaldeac

Reaction score
I promoted Harbaugh for many years. His approach is what the Deacs need.

Amazing coach, inspires players, and Wins.

Best coach at any level of the game today. Absolutely one of the best motivators in any sport, period.

Love the guy and would kill to have him as our coach.

Best coach at any level of the game today. Absolutely one of the best motivators in any sport, period.

Love the guy and would kill to have him as our coach.

seriously.

I don't understand the Harbaugh hate on this board. He goes to bat fighting for his players and his players seem to fight for him.

The hate is because Harbaugh is the kind of coach we will never have.

Probably because Harbaugh can't seem to stick up for his players without acting like an asshole. I'd like to see him try to be successful without being a complete jerk. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it?

Understand that point of view, but that is part of what makes Harbaugh successful. You cannot be a consistent winner without some attitude. There are times I think he is over the top (handshake) but I like and respect that edge he has.

To me this is like being funny. If you can't be funny without being lewd, you're just not very funny.

If you can't be successful without being a horse's ass, you're not very successful.

Both Harbs brothers are extremely competitive, in your face, tough SOBs. They will step on many toes. John has here in Balmur but is tolerated as long as the Ravens are winning. They are both good coaches, but of the 2, I think Jim has the higher ceiling.

how long would he have stayed at wake? First good year?

Can someone explain the Harbaugh hate beyond just "he's a jerk," "he's a douche," or "he's a ass?"

- Is he obnoxiously overconfident in his team?
- Does he give himself too much credit?
- Is he rude to interviewers?
- Does he yell at the refs too much?

I've never had a reason to pull for or against Stanford or the 49ers so I don't care either way. But I always here about what an ass he is and I'm not entirely sure why.

There's a lot of hate here because he absolutely destroyed us in Palo Alto. That's the source of it.

It's amazing how much "hate" here is in reality that guy beating the crap out of one of their teams.

There's a lot of hate here because he absolutely destroyed us in Palo Alto. That's the source of it.

It's amazing how much "hate" here is in reality that guy beating the crap out of one of their teams.

There was plenty of hate for harbaugh before the ass kicking in Palo alto, based on his comments after the wake win the year before. To base the hate for harbaugh simply on the beatdown is disingenuous.at best.

Like coach K

There was plenty of hate for harbaugh before the ass kicking in Palo alto, based on his comments after the wake win the year before. To base the hate for harbaugh simply on the beatdown is disingenuous.at best.

I said a lot of, not all. I guarantee that irked people more than "comments" but agree to disagree. I didn't post on the boards back then but that is what would make sense to me.

Back