• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy didn't know he left walk-ons on court

Two of them had jumped in the seats after a loose ball and the other three were taking charges on the FSU students trying to get on the court.

Ol'e Roy didn't know they were out there.

With 14 seconds to play on Saturday and his team trailing by 33 points, Williams, approached Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton during a timeout. Williams said later he was concerned about his players’ safety during what he expected would be a wild postgame celebration on the court of the Donald L. Tucker Center.
According to Kirschner, Williams asked Hamilton if he would be offended if the game could be declared over with 14 seconds to play. Williams, according to Kirschner, believed that Hamilton had agreed to end the game early.

----

Well, so much for all the UNC fans defending it by saying it was Hamilton's suggestion...

What a fucking drama queen. Trying to declare the game over with 14 seconds to play? Roy has one of these idiotic stories every year. Either he is kicking out an opposing fan, criticizing his own fan base, or just saying or doing something stupid every year.

And he gets a pass for his idiocy from the national talking heads every year.

I understood taking the whole team off court but I didn't understand why I've heard so many different stories on this and why 5 walk-ons were left to fend for themselves.

Stoneville - you're giving the guy a free pass. There was no legitimate reason to end the game early. Effing ridiculous.

Stoneville - you're giving the guy a free pass. There was no legitimate reason to end the game early. Effing ridiculous.

I know! I guess I've gotten soft with the recent fan incidents upon storming court/fields.

On another note, if he's pulling them off the court in Tally, I'm surprised he will even go to MD or NCST.

tar hole women are getting drilled by UConn right now 77-31 with 5 min to go.

wonder if Hatchell will flee the scene like Roy?

If I were a walk-on for the women's team @ UNC I would make myself scarce right about now.

UNC changing their nickname to the Virginia Dares.

Roy has to be lying. Has a basketball game ever, ever, ever, been called early (and not like 0.05 seconds left on the clock) because of students possibly rushing the court?

At least he left them each a time-out to use before he bolted.

confusion would have been avoided if Roy had been the last off the court instead of the first...

What a complete and utter pussy move by Roy. And couldn't even get right. Disgraceful.

I love this crew is coming around to my thinking on this dip shit. It was not long ago that I was an outlier in my opinion that Roy is a phony shyster.

I love this crew is coming around to my thinking on this dip shit. It was not long ago that I was an outlier in my opinion that Roy is a phony shyster.

Roy is a fraud.

The best description of him I ever read was over on the other board...I think Zzzzzz? compared him to a Southern Baptist preacher. Spot on.

John Edwards & Roy Williams= same guy

Back