• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

Sportin' Woody

Reaction score
Last night I read again the Katz blog on our epic collapse

http://www.bracketanalytics.com/andy-katz/what-in-the-world-has-happened-to-wake-forest.html

That was a mere four months ago and Wellmen certainly has not changed his viewpoints quoted here despite the Wofford and State games. Heck, we are used to that by now and have apparently accepted such performances and outcomes as a necessary part of the cure.

Buzz has two more. I am going to hold my nose and cheer for the Deacs.

Last edited:
Bzzz has two more years to turn this ship around. Get used to it.

Best chance we have is if Bzzz goes back to the NBA as a scout or as an assistant. Not impossible, by the way, he has a track record of switching jobs early and often.

If we continue to lose to teams like Wofford and get embarrassed at home by ACC rivals, I believe there will be a force out by next season.

he's right though.

edited to mean blackgold is right.

He has through next year. If with our 2012 class our team is in disarray after next season, I could see him being forced out but he is going to win a fair number more games this year than last year and he will likely win more games next year than this year so unless he is caught blowing the DOB, he's our coach for a while.

Last edited:
Bzzz has two more years to turn this ship around. Get used to it.

He's still heading in the wrong direction, so he better get started before he takes your buddy on a voyage with him.

This says it all fo me:

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong since [Redacted] arrived.

But don't tell that to Wellman.

"I'm thrilled with the direction," Wellman said. "[[Redacted]] has made every decision that is in the best interest of the future success of our program. I could not be happier with the direction of our program."

The only way I see Bzzz leaving in the next 2 years is on his own. Which isn't impossible. Anybody that saw him at the end of the State game could see he looks defeated. If he continues getting drubbed in the ACC, he may choose to go somewhere else.

I think the petition for resignation is the best route. He won't be fired, but he can be run off.

This says it all fo me:

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong since [Redacted] arrived.

But don't tell that to Wellman.

"I'm thrilled with the direction," Wellman said. "[[Redacted]] has made every decision that is in the best interest of the future success of our program. I could not be happier with the direction of our program."

Wellman sounds like the IMF.

The only way I see Bzzz leaving in the next 2 years is on his own. Which isn't impossible. Anybody that saw him at the end of the State game could see he looks defeated. If he continues getting drubbed in the ACC, he may choose to go somewhere else.

Anyone have a screen cap of him almost crying during one timeout?

I'm pretty sure this article was written a while ago. I don't think this is new as of the last few days.

I still think the reason Bzzz's job is so secure has to do with pictures he must have of a certain AD making out with the secretary at a Christmas party when they worked at Northwestern together, but it's just a hunch. :thumbsup:

Anyone have a screen cap of him almost crying during one timeout?

Courtesy of Drew:
390811_717951996353_7203918_35249012_67751130_n.jpg

For what it's worth, every basketball coach endures a game like the State at least once a season. Happens in the NBA and you will notice a seasoned coach like Greg Popovich simply yanks the players off the court and plays the bench. At this point, Popovich doesn't even yell at the players.

But the point is that if you are going to judge Bzd by the State game, you are in idiot. Wellman won't. Wellman is gonna look at the whole year and he will likely throw out the Wofford game since we played without our leading scorer. Not saying that is right or wrong, but that is what he'll do.

At the end of the season we are going to have more wins than last year - probably 5+ more wins with a very promising class coming in. All the recruits coming in next year signed to play for Bzd so he will get 2012 and if he wins more games next year than this year, he is going to get 2013. From that 2013 season, he will judged based on making the NCAAs and post season performance but not before then.

Anybody who thinks any differently doesn't no didley on how Wake handles this kind of stuff. FWIW, when Bzd took the team up to DC, he visited CIA headquarters and someplace else. That kind of shit goes down extremely well with the AD and President/Board. Bzd is in basically the spot Obama was in in 2009. He inherited shit. We know it. And he's got three years to turn it around.

All the bitching and moaning is basically the sound of one clapping until the 2013 season

Back