• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens--Early Draft Ranking

He's been a great Deac this year. Whatever decision he makes, I'm sure will be the right one. Selfishly, I hope he stays, but if he's getting feed back that he'll be in the first 4 rounds, it would be pretty difficult to walk away from that opportunity IMO.

I'm not sure leaving early isn't best for Givens if he can go in the 3rd round or higher.

I'm excited about this quote though

"I hate to ever put pressure on freshmen but Sherman Ragland, I think, is going to be special."

What is his 40 time? If he projects to be a 1st or 2nd rounder, I have no problem with him leaving. If he's middle rounds at best, he should stay. Some of those guys end up not getting drafted - Abbate and Ogletree come to mind.

Whatever happens, best of luck to Chris. Absolutely one of the finest wide receivers to ever play at Mother So Dear.

If I were him, I'd go pro if he is projected in the first 4 rounds. Not much to gain from coming back.

I hope he stays though.

he should be thanking devon brown for leaving, otherwise he would never have had a 70+ reception 1,200 yd season. and devon is probably kicking himself after his 20 something reception and mid 300 yd 1 td season at WVU haha.

Why a decision next week; before the bowl game? Could he sit out the bowl game?

he should be thanking devon brown for leaving, otherwise he would never have had a 70+ reception 1,200 yd season. and devon is probably kicking himself after his 20 something reception and mid 300 yd 1 td season at WVU haha.

Woah, bro. Get a new avatar.

One of the great ones. I feel very fortunate to have watched Ricky and Chris in their Wake careers. Tough choice I am sure, and whatever Chris does I hope it works out better than he hoped it would. I would love that he stays, but if not, it is great that we have such talented players in our program.

If he's still up in the air*, I get the feeling he'll be gone...which sucks...but nothing we can do.

I hope he stays and moves into the top 3 rounds (I doubt he's there already).

Last edited:
Givens has elite speed so I dont think the 40 is going to be a problem.

I don't think he has much left to prove to NFL scouts. If he is getting 1-3 round feedback I think he should go.

Hope he stays one more year. The team has a chance to do something special next year.

He is delusional if he thinks he is more than 4th round pick right now. Not a reason, unless he can't handle academia to leave.

Settle down Chris

small WR will not be a hot commodity for the upcoming draft but then again they aren't normally picked in the top 3 rounds anyway.

Chris is an excellent player, but if he stays another year it'll help his draft status tremendously. I don't see what the rush is. Tanner will be a better player as well I'd assume, so that will help him out.

First team all-ACC doesn't necessarily put you in the elite in the draft. I just hope he gets good advice.

What's the 2012-2013 WR crop shaping up to be? I'm trying to think of the big names, but off the top of my head can't place any. Woods out of USC, I guess?

Back