• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What year do we get back to the NCAA's?

When will we get back to the NCAA tourney?

• This Year

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Next Year

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • The Year After Bzzz

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • multiple (2+) years after Bzzz

Votes: 67 51.1%

• Total voters
Should be back in 2014.

Outside chance of 2013 but I think it's unlikely.

ETA: With Buzz.

Really impossible to say until we actually see the 2012 class on campus but i'm going with 2013, no idea how that will correlate with where buzz is at said time.

I'll say Travis' senior year, whether or not Buzz is our coach

I honestly believe 2013.

You guys have an absolutely stallar class coming in -- not only are the guys talented but they wear their socks right! I'm serious, the mentality-character of your guys coming in is top shelf and they are each very competitive guys.

Aron McMillan is up to 6'9 and 200...the Washington kid is 7'0 and growing...both of these kids are far from peaking and all you have to do is look at the steady climb up the charts all of these guys have made over the last year. CMM, Moto, Devin... the "Super 6" will put [Redacted] on the map.

Aron McMillan? When was the last time you watched a Wake basketball game?
And how come Wake is "you guys" in basketball? Who do you pull for?

Aron McMillan? When was the last time you watched a Wake basketball game?
And how come Wake is "you guys" in basketball? Who do you pull for?

Excuse me...when I was listening to him talking I thought back to the late-developing Nate McMillan... Rountree. Apologies.

I root for Wake Forest in all sports.

I think the first year where we will have a legit shot at making the tourney is the year after next, Travis' senior year. We could maybe make a run next year and shock the world, but i doubt it. Idk if Bzzz will be here or not, but I don't think it really makes a big difference.

Should be back in 2014.

Outside chance of 2013 but I think it's unlikely.

ETA: With Buzz.

2014. Next year we could make great strides and have a winning season and get to the NIT. After that the NCAA's

I honestly believe 2013.

You guys have an absolutely stallar class coming in -- not only are the guys talented but they wear their socks right! I'm serious, the mentality-character of your guys coming in is top shelf and they are each very competitive guys.

Aron McMillan is up to 6'9 and 200...the Washington kid is 7'0 and growing...both of these kids are far from peaking and all you have to do is look at the steady climb up the charts all of these guys have made over the last year. CMM, Moto, Devin... the "Super 6" will put [Redacted] on the map.

What do you mean "you guys"? I thought you were a Wake fan? Don't you mean we?

NM I see it was addressed.

I doubt we make it next year.

I honestly believe 2013.

I cannot stop laughing at this. Aron McMillan is going to save our basketball program!

When do they expand the number of teams in the tourney to 368? It will be the year after that.

It will be 2014 WITH Bz. Closest I could get to that was next year.

Doesn't his contract run out in 2014? Yes I know he'll most likely get an extension to "help with recruiting."

My hope is 2014. Yet another 4 year gap between NCAA appearances, lovely.

Probably an extension after next season, maybe even after this one.

I hope merely making the tournament isn't considered success.

Back