• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"First of all, I'm never going to throw my players under the bus."

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
“The worst feeling for a coach is when your team doesn’t play with emotion, discipline, or passion, and appears to just be disorganized”

“Buffalo had more energy than we did and they had a will and a want-to. I can’t dive on the floor, or take a charge for them, I would if I could. But I can’t do those things and we drill and show them those things.”

“We’re just not deep enough, I wish I had confidence in our bench, but people don’t see what I see in practice. They need to step up and help because we run out of gas”

“Defensively we are so soft; we’re just a soft team.”

“The lack of passion and effort from a great majority of our team was embarrassing.”

“Passion and a commitment to play the game the right way. Tonight that was absent from a great majority of the team. I know I am embarrassed, I would hope our team is embarrassed because I am”

“We were selfish, we lacked toughness, and we weren't very poised. What we can take from this is to learn and understand why we got our butt whooped.”

“I thought we were very selfish and undisciplined. For whatever reason, I don't know, but it showed tonight."

“Their kids played a lot harder than us right out of the gate.”

Gg6F1.jpg

2-3,000 people wearing those bags would send a message, regardless of the giving level.

I honestly couldn't give a shit if he throws the players, the fans, the admin, and the training staff under the bus. Just win some games or look like you want to so we don't have to talk about it.

I'm a BuzzOuter, but don't see much wrong with those quotes. Mostly just standard stuff.

am i the only one that thought they were reading Roy Williams quotes?

Carmelo Anthony:
"I think the game plan was... I don't know what the game plan was, to be honest with you."

This says more about Carmelo Anthony than Bzzz. I'm convinced Carmelo could be coached by Phil Jackson and this quote would still be applicable.

BTW, aren't all except the last quote from the OP from before Bzzz came to Wake? I know he's had some piss-poor post-game comments since getting here as well.

"I try and I try and I try! But they (the players) just don't get it!"

Talking to Stan and Dinger post-game of the Presbyterian debacle.

Can somebody here who was in a frat get their frat to make its current pledges go to a game with brown paper bags? Make it happen people

Exactly. I was just getting ready to ask the OP which one(s) of those statements he quoted that he thought was not true.

I haven't noticed anyone arguing the truthfulness of the statements. There are 1000's of truthful things Bzz could say in a press conference that shouldn't be said. "I had a really painful bought of constipation the last 4 days..." Especially not from a coach who claims he'll never throw his players under the bus (want to debate the truthfulness of that statement?).

When I think about throwing a player under the bus, I think of "Ty Walker has played soft this last game, and it's sad, because he's tall and athletic, but just doesn't play with any passion"

THAT is throwing a player under the bus. However, he's saying the same thing a lot of coaches say when your team blows.

"Throwing players under the bus" and the compliants about Bz's ties and car are the most annoying gripes on this board.

There are too many legit things wrong with our program to let this junk weaken your argument.

I was driving into work with my brother, not a regular poster here, who commented that he listened to the show. I asked him what he said and his first comment was "he sure blames the players alot".

Back