• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rob Lowe reports that Peyton Manning will retire

RobLowe
@richeisen My people are saying Manning will retire today. What do you hear? #NFL

RobLowe
#Colts fans, let's hope my info is wrong. Don't like being wrong, but this time... I'm hoping #NFL #Manning

Rob Lowe has people for NFL sources? Does he moonlight as the Colts beat reporter? For comedy's sake I really hope Rob Lowe broke a huge NFL story.

twitter blocked; plz C&P

I support what you are saying 100% -- the people out here suffer from severe technological naivette and cannot fathom the effect print-type has and particularly when used in a desultory manner.

You want to see them cry "foul!"? All I have to do is insult one of their created "internet personas" and they will run for a moderator...this, when you attack an 'unreal' agency -- a fucking EMOTE! O' good God you will hear them scream as if you slapped them right across the mouth...

But wait! You apply the same logic that it is very hurtful and even damaging to REAL HUMAN BEINGS...that publicly whipping people can have a very negative effect on the very real psyche of a coach (in this instance) and the community he represents... oh my, then you will hear the cries of heresy. All of their "feelings" disappear and out flies the apoplectic claim that "every other message board operates under these same conditions!" Nice band of lemmings these lads and not a real a savvy group.

--- Again, I appreciate your attempts to help them recognize the effect they are having on the community...if Dean Smith had been from this era he'd have been fired long before having the opportunity to witness Billy Cunningham jump off a bus and rip down a burning effigy of himself. That act --making an effigy and then trotting it over to the old well and setting it ablaze in public for all to see --at least took some guts and skill. It takes no real effort or guts today...you just log on and start 'burning'.

I support what you are saying 100% -- the people out here suffer from severe technological naivette and cannot fathom the effect print-type has and particularly when used in a desultory manner.

You want to see them cry "foul!"? All I have to do is insult one of their created "internet personas" and they will run for a moderator...this, when you attack an 'unreal' agency -- a fucking EMOTE! O' good God you will hear them scream as if you slapped them right across the mouth...

But wait! You apply the same logic that it is very hurtful and even damaging to REAL HUMAN BEINGS...that publicly whipping people can have a very negative effect on the very real psyche of a coach (in this instance) and the community he represents... oh my, then you will hear the cries of heresy. All of their "feelings" disappear and out flies the apoplectic claim that "every other message board operates under these same conditions!" Nice band of lemmings these lads and not a real a savvy group.

--- Again, I appreciate your attempts to help them recognize the effect they are having on the community...if Dean Smith had been from this era he'd have been fired long before having the opportunity to witness Billy Cunningham jump off a bus and rip down a burning effigy of himself. That act --making an effigy and then trotting it over to the old well and setting it ablaze in public for all to see --at least took some guts and skill. It takes no real effort or guts today...you just log on and start 'burning'.

Oh...my... science.

Forget to log back in to one of your parodies and posted in the wrong thread? Poor form, Moon.

Eisen had him on his podcast a few weeks ago, he's a huge Colts fan, has a box, etc.

I'm just surprised that Irsay didn't tweet it first.

Who would have guessed Rob Lowe would be the source of breaking football news- and huge news at that (if it turns out to be true).

Crazy that Rob Lowe is the one breaking this.

tumblr_lklu989zlp1qj0zk3o1_500.gif

Indianapolis Star ran an article suggesting that Manning was on his way out.

Time and again, team owner Jim Irsay talked about 1998, the year he fired general manager Bill Tobin and coach Lindy Infante, then let quarterback Jim Harbaugh go, replacing them with Bill Polian, Jim Mora and a No. 1 draft choice named Peyton Manning.

Now, 14 years later, Irsay has brought in a new general manager, Ryan Grigson, and will soon hire a new coach -- with a No. 1 draft choice named Andrew Luck waiting on the horizon.

What was it Polian always used to say, even if he occasionally used it incorrectly? Past is prologue.

If Manning is coming back, my sense is you keep the old gang together. You keep Caldwell, all the offensive coaches, the old system fully intact while going for a final Super Bowl run or two. But Irsay and Grigson keep talking about "rebuilding" and how this is a "new era." "Rebuilding" and "new era" sound a lot more like Luck than Manning to me.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120117/SPORTS15/201170366/Kravitz-Colts-Jim-Irsay-ready-sweep-out-Peyton-Manning-too-?odyssey=mod|mostview

Archie says it isn't true.

mortreport
Archie Manning laughed when he heard @RobLowe said Peyton will retire, "Noooo...he ain't retiring. I think he would've told me." #NFL32

If Irsay told him you think he'd be asking Rich Eisen for confirmation?

Back