• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interviews with Future Demon Deacons!

recruitsnation

Reaction score
My friends and I decided about three weeks ago to start a sports blog. We are all seniors in high school, and interview some of the top college basketball prospects in the nation. This year’s Wake Forest class is loaded with six great players. Four of them (Andre Washington, Codi Miller-McIntyre, Tyler Cavanaugh and Devin Thomas) were nice enough to help us out with an interview. Thank you and I hope you enjoy!

Andre Washington: http://recruitsnationwide.com/?p=30
Codi Miller-McIntyre: http://recruitsnationwide.com/?p=35
Tyler Cavanaugh: http://recruitsnationwide.com/?p=351
Devin Thomas: http://recruitsnationwide.com/?p=403

Thanks for sharing, though on one of CMM's questions the answer should read "CP3, Ish, and Teague for example"

instead of:

"CP3-ish and Teague for example."

Changes the meaning a bit. :p

New content for me. The guys all seem to say the right things and sound optimistic about being able to contribute, hopefully it translates into turning the program around in a few years.

Good job guys..........thanks for sending our way.

Ish's cousin plays at my gym oddly enough. Nice guy, where's nothing but Wake gear head-to-toe. He's even smaller than Ish.

We've had a couple of those here but not all four in one place.

Great stuff, keep working hard.

I'm very excited about this group. I find it funny when you ask a high school kid what they need to improve on they never say defense. They'll find out in a hurry that is exactly what they will be working on more than anything else. And I'm not picking on our recruits. Any good young player is more concerned more with an explosive first step or squaring up on their 3 point shot.

It's going to be a lot of fun to see these kids in Wake uniforms.

Thanks for the information...great attitudes and sock-wearing capacity from the Super 6!

lectro just made a stupid sock joke! Can we finally put that nonsense to bed now?

Excellent job! Keep up the good work.

On another thread someone suggested that there is no reason to think that this class is any better than Dino's last one. I disagree. There seems to be much evidence to the contrary. Time will tell; but, I continue to think that attacking Bz might place this class in jeopardy and to do so is to destroy our immediate future. Right now, we at least have hope in the immediate future...lose this class and hope dies.

Hasn't everyone in the class already signed their LOIs?

Unless they want to sit out a year; I don't think trashing Mr. [Redacted]'s coaching record will have them not attending Wake Forest next season.

Recruits well know our woes of recent years. If anything, reading the frustration on this board may convey to them that we still care.

If we were to fire Bz or he were to be forced to resign and any of these guys were to request a release from their LOI before arriving at WF, I strongly suspect that it would be granted. At least it should be.

They sound more committed to Wake Forest than to any one coach. Of course, I am not inside their heads, so I have no way to know that for certain.

They sound more committed to Wake Forest than to any one coach. Of course, I am not inside their heads, so I have no way to know that for certain.

I very much hope that to be the case. In one sense, I don't care who the coach is---I am simply excited by the quality and breadth of this class. In another sense, Bz recruited them and fairness would dictate that he be allowed to coach them, at least in the beginning. Poor guy really has not been able to work with a full team yet.

None of Dino's recruits left after he was fired. I think people worry about that kind of stuff much more than necessary. There are certainly some cases of players being committed to a coach, but I think it is more prevalent that players commit to a school/program.

Back