• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can CMM play PG?

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
I've heard that he's more of a combo like CJ.

Are we expecting him to play PG?

If not, I have to question Bz's recruiting because we got no PGs this year, no true PGs for 2012, and we don't seem to be hot on any for 2013. I feel bad for Tony because I honestly think he could be a good backup, but he's in way over his head as a starter. And I know an excuse in that past has been that Bz's offense doesn't require a true PG, but I will believe that he has effective offensive schemes when I see them.

We also need shooters, big time, and he certainly seems to be able to shoot.

We do need a true PG, but right now we will take PLAYERS...glad we got him

I get the bald tags... but where did the dwarf part come from? Is the Duke game driving Mooonzzzz to a little Thursday vino?

TC was tagged as a pure point guard. You never know. CMM has serious talent. He could play point like CP and look to score. Teague had that too. Nothing wrong with a point guard that can fill it up. Here's hopin'

No, I'm saying people were worried about Tony being a pure point guard. You said he was pegged as a "pure PG" when he was behind a mid major PG on his own team.

CMM plays PG for Hargrave.

No, I'm saying people were worried about Tony being a pure point guard. You said he was pegged as a "pure PG" when he was behind a mid major PG on his own team.

CMM plays PG for Hargrave.

If I recall the scouting reports and recruiting reports TC was pegged as a pure PG coming into Wake. But whatever.

I'll be surprised if CMM doesn't start as pg from day 1 at Wake.

Isn't "pure point guard," on some level, code for "lead guard who can't shoot?"
Or is it more accurate to say that combo guard is code for "guy who can handle the rock and shoot it too?"

When I think "pure pg" I think of primarily a facilitator. CP, Kendall Marshall, Tyler Lewis.

When I think of scoring lead guard or combo guard I think of guys who hunt for their own offense more but can still lead an offense.

Last edited:
Tony's a pure point guard. What other position could he play in college? He's just not a very good one. Solid backup.

Back