• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT Pulls a Wake

Just FYI (& admittedly, I didn't know this until tonight)...

GT lost to Mercer, Fordham, and Alabama (by 25) to end their OOC schedule.

That's awful. Almost unfair to say they were playing at home though...they don't have any semblance of a traditional home court at Philips Arena.

Just FYI (& admittedly, I didn't know this until tonight)...

GT lost to Mercer, Fordham, and Alabama (by 25) to end their OOC schedule.

And we lost to Wofford to end out OOC schedule...but we did beat UNC-W this year

That's awful. Almost unfair to say they were playing at home though...they don't have any semblance of a traditional home court at Philips Arena.

Yea, but home court is home court. It's where (presumably) your players are the most comfortable shooting the ball, etc. The LJVM right now is a vacuous cavern to what it used to be, but I still expect the players to play better at home than on the road.

Will we break 30 against Virginia?

Probably. We broke 70 against Duke, and they're typically considered a good defensive team.

Note, however, that Virginia's kenpom defensive metrics are way better than Duke's this year. Virginia is one of the top 10 defenses in the nation, if you trust those mumbo jumbo numbers. #RJKarl

All about matchups. I haven't watch UVA enough to even formulate a thought about how we could possibly matchup against them. Hope it will be favorable.

Nobody cares right now - GT fans are just happy Hewitt is gone, and with the weird home court situation nobody is going to games anyways.

The reality is that he Gailey and Hewitt buyouts meant that GT didn't have much money to spend on a coach and got a middle of the road guy who was willing to work for cheap. GT basketball is going to be pretty "meh" for several years.

All about matchups. I haven't watch UVA enough to even formulate a thought about how we could possibly matchup against them. Hope it will be favorable.

We're going to get abused in the post, Mike Scott's going to go for 30 and 20, if not more...

Elsewhere, I'm not too afraid of this team.

Of course, a lot depends on whether or not we can knock down shots (we don't), rotate hard with our perimeter D (we don't), have our big men hedge hard on screens (we don't), crash the defensive boards and jockey for position early (we don't), and let Tony and Nikita take a few stabs at splitting the zone with a reckless drive or two or three (we do, often).

We're going to get abused in the post, Mike Scott's going to go for 30 and 20, if not more...

Of course, a lot depends on whether or not we can knock down shots (we don't), rotate hard with our perimeter D (we don't), have our big men hedge hard on screens (we don't), crash the defensive boards and jockey for position early (we don't), and let Tony and Nikita take a few stabs at splitting the zone with a reckless drive or two or three (we do, often).

Fuck me! You seem to be down on everything. PM me your address and I'll send you some chocolates.

Fuck me! You seem to be down on everything. PM me your address and I'll send you some chocolates.

It's more just settling into the reality of cheering for a bad Wake team again. The highs are so high. The lows... It's between Shoemaker, Loren, and Ty, right now, for me. After what I've seen these past two games, it's going to be a long two years...

33dguoy.jpg
:eek:

Back