• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James "it is about time" Johnson!!!

THE DEUCE

Reaction score
James Johnson finally broke out on Friday against the Blazers, scoring a career-high 23 points on 10-of-17 shooting (including a three) with six rebounds, two assists, two steals, and four blocks in 31 minutes.
This is why we've been trying to stay patient with him. Johnson should be added for any borderline player after this result, but if you're looking at a guy whose 'floor' is providing low-end value in your format -- you'll want to consider that J.J. hasn't proven to be consistent yet. But as you can see, the upside is there. ....{Rotoworld}

Nice Job JJ!!

4 years after leaving Wake. Yea, he was really ready for the NBA. Same with Teague.

Nice stat line, but it's just one game. Hopefully he can build off this and develop some consistency.

4 years after leaving Wake. Yea, he was really ready for the NBA. Same with Teague.

Now that Teague is geting to play regularly (ie. he's starting) he's having a very good season. So are the Hawks overall.

Can't blame JJ for getting paid a ton to "get ready." System's fault.

Still sucks that Taj Gibson outplayed him for a spot on the Bulls' roster and now he's with an irrelevant NBA team

He's not at all the same player as Taj. They play completelty different positions. They weren't in competition with each other.

The Bulls had Deng (and Salmons at the beginning) who play james' slot. They hadn
't signed Boozer yet when Taj got the PT at PF and Boozer was out some games last year.

It's apples and oranges.

Good to see James finally breaking out, unlike some other people I absolutely loved him when he was here. When he figured out that he could dominate in the paint he was unstoppable for large portions of his sophomore year.

James Johnson is a great American. Of all the talented players we've had over the past 6 years, I feel he was definitely the most talented. Can do a lot of things for a 6'8 guy. And he's hilarious too. So so underrated by many of our fans.

Who's to say they wouldn't get injured in their final 2 years and not to mention the disaster that has become our program? Would Dino have been canned? Would these two have had to endure a season of bzz? A lot of what ifs. They both got paid and both are now starting for an NBA team. Hard to argue that they didn't make the right decision.

Who's to say they wouldn't get injured in their final 2 years and not to mention the disaster that has become our program? Would Dino have been canned? Would these two have had to endure a season of bzz? A lot of what ifs. They both got paid and both are now starting for an NBA team. Hard to argue that they didn't make the right decision.

I agree. Their draft stock would've only fallen if they stayed another year, especially fresh off a team that was #1 in the country

I agree he made the right choice but I wonder if anyone has done any research on exactly how many seniors (who have a real shot at the pros) actually get a career ending injury.

There are a couple more reasons. First James was older than most incoming frosh when he arrived. Next, these the NBA likes younger players more. Not many as many seniors are in or clsoe to the lottery these days.

God I love James Johnson. What a beast.

I agree he made the right choice but I wonder if anyone has done any research on exactly how many seniors (who have a real shot at the pros) actually get a career ending injury.

I'm sure its not many but even a non-career ending injury could significantly hurt a draft stock.

HOF posterizing of Danny Green. Every time I watch this clip I still get a chuckle out of the fact that no foul was called. And then of course James fouls out immediately at the other end of the court :squint:

HOF posterizing of Danny Green. Every time I watch this clip I still get a chuckle out of the fact that no foul was called. And then of course James fouls out immediately at the other end of the court :squint:

One of my favorite games as a Wake fan. I was going nuts watching this game. The first couple months of that season was just fantastic.

He really needed this game. He's been hot garbage so far this season prior to last night.

Back