• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best defensive preformance by a WFU big man since Duncan

Hyperbole, much?

..but good game nonetheless, Ty.

It goes without saying that when Ty plays well like this Wake is a good basketball team.

8 pts, 9 rebounds, 8 blocks against Maryland??

I will fully admit to hyperbole but I think this one is actually real. I can't think of a better off the top of my head.

Do you remember Tim Duncan? He's one of the best basketball players that I've ever seen play defense. Not just on Wake.

I am only talking defensively. He already has 10 blocks (and bizzillion altered)

I also think we're shortchanging Aminu a bit. He had some outstanding games on D for us...

I am only talking defensively. He already has 10 blocks (and bizzillion altered)

Still, man... Duncan is one of the best collegiate defenders ever. Blocked 481 shots in 128 games. 4th All-Time shot blocker in the NCAA.

I don't know if this being considered the best defensive performance by a WFU big man since Duncan is a complement or non-hyperbolic. That's what I've been trying to say.

We played another JV team and he posted numbers. Let's see him play this way against a Duke, UNC, or, hell, NC State, and then let's talk.

He has 6 blocks. This is also a high school team.

ooops. Heard the 10 blocks and assumed they were all his. My bad.

I still think he had more of an impact today than against MD (granted BC is not as good as MD).

Ty is ballin' and has been for 4 or 5 games. I wish to hell he would have redshirted when he had the chance.

ooops. Heard the 10 blocks and assumed they were all his. My bad.

I still think he had more of an impact today than against MD (granted BC is not as good as MD).

Yeah those announcers sucked but they were talking about team total. 6 for Walker, 3 for Desrosiers and 1 for McKie.

Back