• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT Bound?

deacphan

Reaction score
There's a chance we get to .500 and get the invite. Prior to today's game KP had us at 13 wins. Adding up his percentages of winning for an expected win value we get 13.6 wins (or 14 when you round), and the system doesn't know CJ didn't play against Wofford.

We have at least 4 winnable games left in BC, GT twice, and Clemson at home. Then (I think) we'd need to win the 1st round ACC game which we might be favored in. We could shit the bed like in the NCSU game or we could possibly steal another game, but there's an outside shot in my mind that we could be NIT bound. That would be a BIG success in my eyes and firmly solidify me in BZZZ-wait-and-see.

Its a lot harder to get into the NIT these days. Especially since they allow in all regular season conference champions would don't make the tourney.

The NIT doesn't work that way anymore. Remember the 17-13 (7-9) team a few years ago who beat Duke and didn't get an invite?

No way.

We should take a CBI invite if we get it though.

Gonna be tough. It will take better than a .500 overall for sure and I'd guess at least 6 ACC wins. Would be a real accomplishment for this crew.

A very outside chance indeed, but it'd be great to see.

Our players should know that a CBI invite is possible though, and they should absolutely have that goal in mind.

lol. im an idiot. thats what i get for actually thinking about the NIT.

I'm sticking with my 19 - 13 prediction, so there has to be some post season play.

Two days ago everyone writes this team off as possibly not winning another game.

Now they beat a TERRIBLE BC team and now people are thumping their chests talking about realistic chances for the NIT.

We will win another game this year. We will not go to the NIT.

Now, now. I think exactly one person, if that, has said the NIT was realistic.

please point out where i said we wont win another game? cant? ok then.

"there's an outside shot"= "thumping their chests talking about realistic chances for the NIT"

what a dumbass

Didn't we get a CBI invite a couple of years ago and turn it down? I don't remember if there were extenuating circumstances that year but I got the feeling we were stating a policy of not playing in that tourney.

Dino's first year I think. In retrospect, maybe the right call. That season needed to be over after dealing with Skip's death and all. But this year I'd be pissed as hell if we turned any postseason invite down.

Back