• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Draft Deacs Thread

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
About to start on NFL Network. I'd say he improved his stock for a team running a 3-4 during practices.

Kyle Wilber, DE-OLB, Wake Forest -- An undersized college defensive end who many project to outside linebacker in the NFL, Wilber confirmed those projections today. When lined up in a three-point stance during practice ,Wilber struggled getting off blocks and rushing the passer. But when he was allowed to play in open space the story changed. Wilber displayed the athleticism and speed necessary to get down the line and pursue the action. He's fluid with a burst of speed and a sure-handed tackler. Wilber was never asked to drop into coverage, but showed enough skill to make scouts believe he'll be successful in the transition to outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...e.practice.wednesday/index.html#ixzz1k80zxvzF

• DE/OLB Kyle Wilber, Wake Forest: Wilber has drawn mixed opinions across the board. He has struggled with his hand on the ground at defensive end, showing underwhelming upper- and lower-body strength. However, he has impressed with his foot quickness, burst and overall flexibility to bend and break down in space. He will be considered a later-round player by teams employing 4-3 defenses, but will be valued much more teams that use the 3-4.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...stint-in-canada-hicks-stock-now-heading-north

Andy Ross
adross77 Andy Ross
Kyle Wilber is dominating in pass rush drills #wakeforest #NFLDraft
16 Jan Favorite Retweet Reply

Neal Driscoll
NealDriscoll Neal Driscoll
Wake Forest Defensive Kyle WIlber is a major sleeper as a late round pass rusher....
17 Jan Favorite Retweet Reply

OptimumScouting Eric Galko
On DL, #WakeForest's Kyle Wilber capped off a good week, very quick off the snap. No real counter rushes tho, needs to work outside-in enter

The ESPN Dallas Cowboys blog has him listed as a possible Cowboys draft option

Jeez! Really made a lot of sense to drop him into coverage all season. Thanks coaching staff.

Jeez! Really made a lot of sense to drop him into coverage all season. Thanks coaching staff.

He wasn't dropped into coverage all season. Did you watch the FSU game at all?

Apparently it was just some people on twitter giving their predictions, it looks like someone else won it. But he did play really well.

Yea, did you watch the other 12 and see our 10 total sacks on the season?

I did. Wilbur still rushed the passer this season, just not nearly as much as if he played DE solely. In the end it made him a better football player. He was needed at LB this season with the scheme WF was running and that's where the coaches played him. He's ahead of the NFL 3-4 learning curve right now compared to if he had stayed at DE. I know Kyle didn't like it and Grobie knew he was losing his best past rusher but it made the defense better as a whole. Kyle is going to have a great NFL career IMO.

Wilber was a much better pass rusher as the DE in the 4-3 than an OLB in the 3-4. Seems like time spent in the 3-4 helped him in this audition though.

BP was the leading rusher for the Southern Florida All-Stars in the North-South Florida game, or whatever it is. Only 37 yards and they got smoked, but good on BP.

Heard he had a good week. I'd love to get Givens in the 5th and Wilber in the 6th in Balmur. I think McCrary was the last Deac we had on our roster.

Heard he had a good week. I'd love to get Givens in the 5th and Wilber in the 6th in Balmur. I think McCrary was the last Deac we had on our roster.

What a great Deac to have. I think he is in their Ring of Honor. Wilbur just made himself some loot this week. One of the most underrated Deacs in the past decade.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
is there a link somewhere that summarizes this game? haven't been able to find out much about it

Ugh, Looney injures his foot at Senior Bowl, will need surgery. Not good.

Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline Tony Pauline
Update on Joe Looney/G/Wake Forest from Tuesday AM practice: torn ligament in his foot which will require surgery..

Ugh, Looney injures his foot at Senior Bowl, will need surgery. Not good.

Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline Tony Pauline
Update on Joe Looney/G/Wake Forest from Tuesday AM practice: torn ligament in his foot which will require surgery..

The Vikings staff is coaching Looney in the Senior Bowl raising the possibility that he could be reunited with Chris DeGeare. Looney has a lot of upside as not only was he never redshirted, he enrolled at WF at age 17. He just turned 21 this season, and is still developing as a player. Would be surprised if Looney is not WF's highest draft pick this year, and does not make an NFL roster.

Back