• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the team so far exceeded your expectations for the season?

Yes or No

• Total voters
Anyone who says no is probably either A) not being honest or B) had some lofty expectations.

Yes, they have exceeded my expectations both in wins and player development. In most of the games the Deacs have actually been:) fun to watch.

I expected 12-14 games so no.

I predicted 10 wins, so in that regard yes. but I expected more in terms of progress. I had hoped for more improvement, it is January so there is still time to surprise. But so far I've been a bit disappointed.

There needs to be a third option- they are basically where I thought they'd be.

I expected 12-14 games so no.

It is a poorly phrased question. It should be "Has the team thus far exceeded your expectations for this point in the season"

Did you expect 12-14 wins by this point in the season? If so, you answer "no, the team has not exceeded my expectation".

If you expect 12-14 by season's end, then you have to answer the question based on some other criteria than record.

Ph, What exactly do you mean by "12-14 games"?

I had preseason expectations, which were really low and expectations after I saw us play a couple of games.

We definitely exceeded my preseason, and the win today has me over my expectations after a couple of games.

Not yet. Get to 5 or 6 ACC wins and I'll be satisfied.

It is a poorly phrased question. It should be "Has the team thus far exceeded your expectations for this point in the season"
That would be redundant wouldn't it? The use of "so far" implies I mean "up until this point".

After today I believe the state game is the exception. Ty walker is a huge difference and if he were back next year we would be a tourney team. Sad! We are at expectations and the program is on schedule with the rebuilding. Recruiting for 2013 is key.

Huge props to Ty, who I thought would be a waste of space on the bench. Between Ty and playing better together as a team than we ever did last year, I'm happy with progress I have seen overall. We laid a few eggs, but so have most teams-- UNC getting blown out by Fl State, etc.

One change that I really appreciate. It used to kill me that if we got a lead late we would go into a deep freeze and lose whatever momentum we had...and several games to boot. Today we stayed aggressive and increased the lead. That is a major improvement in philosophy, IMO.

Back