• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paterno Dead at Age 85

DeacsPop

Resident Old Man
Reaction score
Reports that close friends have been summoned to the hospital to bid their farewell.

No matter your thoughts, this is a sad ending for a great football Coach.

Last edited:
Reports that close friends have been summoned to the hospital to bid their farewell.

No matter your thoughts, this is a sad ending for a great football Coach.

Do you mean JoePa? That would be Paterno

If true that is sad. I'm sure this scandal, his fault or not, certainly weighted heavily on him.

Holy cow. I didn't know he was that sick. What a sad ending to his career.

It's gonna make that picture we see a lot way more awkward.

Scandal aside, he was a great coach for a long time.

Greatest coach of all time, changed college football so places like Wake could compete.

I can't imagine staring death in the face after discovering your whole life is now being defined by this sordid scandal.

Definition of hell.

I can't imagine staring death in the face after discovering your whole life is now being defined by this sordid scandal.

Definition of hell.

I think the definition of hell is whatever happens to people who help harbor pedophiles and ruin the lives of innocent children.

I always had a feeling he would go out like the Bear, but wow. The way it's sounding he really may not have known everything. It would have been nice for him to live long enough for everything to come out.

I always had a feeling he would go out like the Bear, but wow. The way it's sounding he really may not have known everything. It would have been nice for him to live long enough for everything to come out.

I know he gave an interview to the Washington Post a week or two ago. I assume since I did not hear much about it that he did not reveal anything earth shattering if he had anything he wanted to reveal.

Nothing earth shattering in the interview that I've heard. He basically just said he had no idea how to handle it and was a bit overwhelmed so he turned the matter over to his supervisors. I had also heard somewhere that Mike McQueary said he did not tell Paterno the specifics out of respect for him.

This truly sad. Fifty years of very positive impact on thousands of lives. Then to have this as his last professional issue.

So, so sad. The poor man went from the pinnacle of his profession to disgrace to serious illness and apparently to the brink of death in just a matter of weeks!

The stress must have contributed to his rapid physical decline. Sad.

Back