• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Job TC

ProfessorDeac

Reaction score
Just wanted to give him some love. Still shot too much, but I will take 6 assists to 1 turnover any day, and he continues to pressure the ball well.

Did anyone else notice the floater he attempted in the 1st half? I would like to see more of that.

Just wanted to give him some love. Still shot too much, but I will take 6 assists to 1 turnover any day, and he continues to pressure the ball well.

Did anyone else notice the floater he attempted in the 1st half? I would like to see more of that.

Although it doesn't always pan out as he intends, his effort makes it easy to enjoy his successes.

Although it doesn't always pan out as he intends, his effort makes it easy to enjoy his successes.

I agree with this. I'll really enjoy the effort if he ever learns to give the ball up in transition. I'm glad he has the confidence to believe he'll make his driving attempts but to never give up the rock isn't good basketball.

This thread ios typical of many here. Even when he plays well, many are incapable and/or unwilling to say positive things about the kid they are so willing to slam about any mistake he makes.

This thread ios typical of many here. Even when he plays well, many are incapable and/or unwilling to say positive things about the kid they are so willing to slam about any mistake he makes.

I felt they were pretty fair with Tony. He did need to stop over-dribbling and taking the ball into 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 situations. He's learning and he's definitely confident which is something this team really needs right now. IMO.

I certainly intended to praise him. 6-1 assists/TOs is great, consistently good defense remains, and I love the addition of a floater. I do still think he shoots too much, but yesterday he played very well.

If you're addressing that to my post, I did say positive things about TC. The problem is that he's a PG who makes the same mistake repeatedly. I'm not slamming "any mistake he makes," I'm talking about a serious error he makes on a constant basis.

There's no doubt that TC gives great effort on every play, and by all accounts he's a team guy who makes us better, but there comes a point where the primary ball handler has to make primarily good decisions. TC isn't there yet.

I'm a fan, RJ, but even I recognize the kid had become a predictable one-man turnover machine before the last several games, and we can't expect everyone to immediately recognize the changes he's made over those last several games.

His improvement has been a direct factor in how well the team has executed recently. This team will never be any better this year than the point guard is, so his going from a turnover machine to +5 net assists is huge for this team.

He's been strong for us defensively, for the most part. I think the kid is going to continue to improve offensively for us.

I'm not saying you personally.

There are tons of silent viewers of this thread who attack the guy every game. Even when he's having good games.

I'm a fan, RJ, but even I recognize the kid had become a predictable one-man turnover machine before the last several games, and we can't expect everyone to immediately recognize the changes he's made over those last several games.

Except it's just not true. look at the numbers:

Full Season ACC
CJ 46 A/50TO 15A/16TO
Travis 19A/47TO 5A/15/TO
Tony 55A/37TO 16A/9TO

He has the ball more than any of our top players and has committed fewer TOs than any of our other major players.

sorry, in no way is he a TO machine. it just isn't so. His stats are very conisstent. He's only slightly better in A/TO during the ACC season than he was preseason.

His improvement has been a direct factor in how well the team has executed recently. This team will never be any better this year than the point guard is, so his going from a turnover machine to +5 net assists is huge for this team.

He's been strong for us defensively, for the most part. I think the kid is going to continue to improve offensively for us.

Last edited:
I like Tony. He just needs more time and coaching. He'll be fine once he figures out what he needs to do all the time. Oh....and work on that shooting touch.

Take out the last several games where he has improved and run the numbers, if you feel like it.

That's what the list shows. He's slightly better over the past five games than he was over the first fourteen.

It's not that dramatic.

also as to TO machine. THe only other starting PG that I can find inthe ACC who averages fewer TOS/game than tony is Andre Young (BC doesn't have anyone playing close to 30 mpg as a PG). Rivers is higher. Marshall and Brown are an entire TO/game highers. Loucks is .6/game higher.

He is simply not anything like a TO machine. It's a figment of people's imagination and desire to put the kid down.

My bad numbers only count when they are negative towards him.

Last edited:

I think Chenault and Chase are going to both improve --C.J. and McKie have as sophs. I see both of them as important guys coming off the pine in the future.

Chenault's attitude and style is straight out of the old Atlantic 10. He is a tough, workmanlike player and one you could imagine playing for John Cheney at Temple.

With CMM coming in as an athletic combo, the Deacs will need a kick-out guy to stroke the wing 3. Chase's goal is to become an adequate league defender while growing comfortable hitting wing jumpers. He and C.J. will need to work on the stroke for when Codi arrives.

I think Chenault and Chase are going to both improve --C.J. and McKie have as sophs. I see both of them as important guys coming off the pine in the future.

Chenault's attitude and style is straight out of the old Atlantic 10. He is a tough, workmanlike player and one you could imagine playing for John Cheney at Temple.

With CMM coming in as an athletic combo, the Deacs will need a kick-out guy to stroke the wing 3. Chase's goal is to become an adequate league defender while growing comfortable hitting wing jumpers. He and C.J. will need to work on the stroke for when Codi arrives.

Where will Arron McMillan fit in to the rotation?

Tony playrd very well. Much more under control. Kudos to him and to Chase for also picking things up yesterday. Go Deacs!!

Back to the subject, of our three best players, Tony is the least likely to commit a TO and is among the least likely starting PG in the ACC to commit a TO.

Or do season-long numbers not count if they don't make him look badly?

Back