• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best 3pt shooter all-time (Monday JR Reid)

Deac83

Reaction score
Monday JR Reid with put out his list of all time best 3pt shooters in the ACC.

During the State/Miami game the announcer asked Dave Odom (color guy) who he thought might be on the list. The announcer even joked that Odom might have had some of them on his team (obviously baiting him for a Wake player).

Odom's immediate response. JJ Redick.

After another play they came back to the discussion and then Odom mentioned Childress, LaRue and I think Dennis Scott.

I would think a guy who's entire career was made by the 3pt shooting of Randolph Childress would at least start with him (not that he has to say RC was the best but Odom was asked who would be on the list).

Dennis Scott and George McCloud may be at the top of my list.

On a side note, Scott Wood just set the ACC record for most made free throws in a row today. I believe it is now 56 or 57? It was held by Reddick.

I would think a guy who's entire career was made by the 3pt shooting of Randolph Childress...

Lulz, still at it after all these years I see. But you're right, RC's 3 pt shooting was what made the 96 ACC championship possible.

George McCloud never played in the ACC.

Curtis Staples

Also, Harold Deane was a pretty good shooter. I liked that backcourt.

I was a UVA fan growing up, dad went to UVA and I hated Duncan since Duncan alawys knocked out that UVA team which was loaded.

Randolph was super streaky. I don't think of him as a great shooter although when he got hot, he was darn near unstoppable. I think people forget Randolph was able to get to the line a ton and collect a lot of free points there.

During the State/Miami game the announcer asked Dave Odom (color guy) who he thought might be on the list. The announcer even joked that Odom might have had some of them on his team (obviously baiting him for a Wake player).

After another play they came back to the discussion and then Odom mentioned Childress, LaRue and I think Dennis Scott.

I would think a guy who's entire career was made by the 3pt shooting of Randolph Childress would at least start with him (not that he has to say RC was the best but Odom was asked who would be on the list).

JJ shot alot more threes at alot higher percentage, would be homerish to put Chill ahead of JJ, only accurate comparisons would be Scott and 30 minute man, obviously.

Game on line: CHilll

Stat stuff box score: Redick

Its Redick, in my lifetime at least. I hate his ghey ass, but its him. Dude was unconscious.

I for one cannot wait to hear JR Reid's thoughts on this subject. a little over 24 hours away now.

Donald Williams?

Rasheed Wallace gets an honorable mention for his brick in the 94? NCAA tourney against Boston College?.

Last edited:
The JR Reid who played for Carowhina?

Yeah, he's an announcer now. I didn't know that until it was mentioned in our game yesterday. I'm dying to know if he still has the high-top fade.

Another candidate to consider: Trajan Langdon. He was pretty consistent and prolific.

I heard that part of the game but did not hear it the same way you did. I heard the question but did not hear the announcer say that Odom had some. Odom said Reddick who probably is the best three point shooter the conference has had. Odom quickly said he had a couple of his own naming Randolph and Larue. I doubt seriously if any other ACC Network color announcer would have mentioned Childress or Larue. Do you? By the way Odom's 1996 ACC Championship was earned by a roster that did not have Randolph Childress.

Lulz, still at it after all these years I see. But you're right, RC's 3 pt shooting was what made the 96 ACC championship possible.

George McCloud never played in the ACC.

Duncan is why Odom was able to get another job.

I remember Dennis Scott in a 3 on 1 break pulling up for the 3 pointer. Dude was money when he was on.

Back