• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chip Kelly to Tampa Bay?

Unless Kelly is determined to coach in the NFL, Phil Knight will most likely match Tampa's offer. Assuming Kelly is seen as must-have coach at Oregon.

Knight is essentially the owner of a "college" football franchise. I see no reason he would not counter.

Unless Kelly is determined to coach in the NFL, Phil Knight will most likely match Tampa's offer. Assuming Kelly is seen as must-have coach at Oregon.

Knight is essentially the owner of a "college" football franchise. I see no reason he would not counter.

Might have more to do with Kelly wanting to get out before NCAA comes down on Oregon. If he does leave, then I think this might be a job that Chris Peterson strongly considers.

The only way this makes sense to me is if Kelly is taking a page out of the Pete Carroll playbook and bolting before the NCAA's investigative arm comes knocking at the door.

The only way this makes sense to me is if Kelly is taking a page out of the Pete Carroll playbook and bolting before the NCAA's investigative arm comes knocking at the door.

I think that's exactly what he's doing. Kelly has supposedly been talking to the Colts as well. He looks to be trying to leave Oregon and I think it's NCAA related.

What are the allegations with Oregon? I wasn't aware they have pending issues with the NCAA.

Yeah I'm sure Tampa fired Morris with the hope of bringing in a college coach with zero NFL experience and a gimmick offense that wont work in the NFL.

Doug Gottlieb
@GottliebShow

RT @govolx: @GottliebShow Ron Meyer thinks Chip Kelly is getting out before hammer drops #ponyexpress

Doug Gottlieb
@GottliebShow

RT @govolx: @GottliebShow Ron Meyer thinks Chip Kelly is getting out before hammer drops #ponyexpress

I'd be surprised if Kelly is a good nfl coach, the nfl game seems completely different than the way he coaches in college.

As a St. Petersburg native the Tampa Bay Times just sounds so depressing

Yeah, I feel dirty saying it and I'm a Tampa native.

I'm proud I made it into one of the last editions of the St. Petersburg Times.

It does help clear up some of the confusion with the sports teams and local press.

The Tampa Bay Bucs play in Raymond James Stadium located in Tampa although Raymond James headquarters are in St. Pete.

The Tampa Bay Lightning played in the St. Pete Times Forum located in Tampa.

But the Tampa Bay Rays play in Tropicana Field located in St. Pete. Tropicana began in Bradenton.

Of course, the best one is that the University of South Florida isn't located in South Florida.

I'm proud I made it into one of the last editions of the St. Petersburg Times.

It does help clear up some of the confusion with the sports teams and local press.

The Tampa Bay Bucs play in Raymond James Stadium located in Tampa although Raymond James headquarters are in St. Pete.

The Tampa Bay Lightning played in the St. Pete Times Forum located in Tampa.

But the Tampa Bay Rays play in Tropicana Field located in St. Pete. Tropicana began in Bradenton.

Of course, the best one is that the University of South Florida isn't located in South Florida.

I was talking to a guy in a bar in ATL who was astounded the USF football team would travel all the way north to Tampa just to play in RayJay. Go Bulls (5-2 in the Big East?)

Kelley will end up at Arizona St in three years when they fire their coach. If the NCAA does not come calling I could see Oregon prying Petersen out of Boise.

Yeah, it would be. Josh Freeman + ??? = RGIII.

Back