• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Recruiting

dcon69

Reaction score
I hate Alabama and Saban deserves to be balsted for over recruting- however right here in our little old ACC has 31 commits by either Rivals or Scout and look to be working on more. Someone is going to get hurt even with some academic nonqualifiers which most likely will not be known until after signing day. Some lies being told, and i am glad we do not operate that way.

How much attrition has there been due to the scandal and what not?

How much attrition has there been due to the scandal and what not?

Don't know yet, but even with attrition 25 is the limit for a single year

As long as a kid is told upfront and at the time of the scholarship offer what could potentially happen then I have no problem. I have a problem when a kid is told they can come in in a certain year and then are told they have to wait or they no longer have a scholarship.

25 does not count grayshirts. So, if 6 kids agree to enroll in January 2013, you can announce 31 signees.

Correct..............but then the grayshirts would count against 2013, so they could only sign another 19, for a total of 25.

The problem is with schools over-signing every class, every year and then, retroactively, telling several recruits 'sorry, we don't have a spot for you any more'

The RS system makes it really tough for us to ever violate the 25 rule.

Out of curiosity, if you over sign and bring in early enrollee's can they be counted towards the previous year's class?

Back