• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I've got FANTASTIC news everyone! Wake Forest Basketball just won the Super Bowl!!!

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
This just makes me so sad.

Remember the month we won at BYU, then beat UNC, then beat undefeated Clemson on the road, then beat Duke?

Surprised people have just now found that quote.

Only word that comes to mind: pathetic.

I assume he was trying to say every game needs to be WF's super bowl due to the talent level not being high. But that's just horribly worded if that's what he was indeed trying to say.

If he was actually saying a game against BC was their super bowl then I really don't know what to say.

Even if that's what he's trying to say, that's pathetic.

I'll compare this to footy (soccer), because that is what I know best.

When Man United go away to the "smaller" clubs the fans and the team play like it is their "Cup Final" -- basically a Super Bowl -- and play their socks off for that game because such a big opponent is in town.

Manchester United have won 12 out of 19 Premier Leagues since 1992.

Jeff [Redacted] says that we played our "Cup Final" against a team projected to finish 12th in a 12 team down ACC.

Way to set the bar high, coach!

Bz needs to be more careful with his quotes.

“We immediately — after our game against Duke — when we were in our locker room in Cameron we talked about Boston College,” Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted] said. “This game was our Super Bowl. Not for any other reason than because it was our next game.”

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick. Haven't you clowns ever heard of speaking figuratively? The game was important, we really needed the win, it's called hyperbole, doesn't mean they really thought it was the Super Bowl, means they needed to get back on the winning track.

Bunch of effing prima donna, chicken littles on this horseshit board.

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick. Haven't you clowns ever heard of speaking figuratively? The game was important, we really needed the win, it's called hyperbole, doesn't mean they really thought it was the Super Bowl, means they needed to get back on the winning track.

It's a stupid, pathetic thing to say regardless of how you spin it. That quote is embarrassing.

It was stupid because he said "Super Bowl" and everyone was going to print it with out the second part. If he just said the next game on the schedule is the most important game like every single other coach on the planet he could have avoided this. He tried to get cute because there was an NFL playoff game in Boston right after the game.

Curious that he didn't call any other games (that I'm aware of) a "Super Bowl" for the team.

Just the one the pitted the projected 11th place team and 12th place team in the ACC. Making a mark. Making a stand. Refusing to be dead last again.

Jeffery [Redacted]: Leader of non-consecutive last placed teams. Warrior.

So now we are criticizing Buzz for winning???? For fuck sake, give the guy a break....and an extension.

It was stupid because he said "Super Bowl" and everyone was going to print it with out the second part. If he just said the next game on the schedule is the most important game like every single other coach on the planet he could have avoided this. He tried to get cute because there was an NFL playoff game in Boston right after the game.

Bingo. And I understand what he was actually trying to say and am about as Bzzin as anyone on this board but that was still bad. Really bad.

Let me also add that having certain posters here on "ignore" is a breath of fresh air.

You do realize that one of the most cliched sports quotes is that the next game on the schedule is the most important right?

Of course. I didn't mean that it was original or anything, just that it wasn't an embarrassing statement as to where the program is.

You do realize that one of the most cliched sports quotes is that the next game on the schedule is the most important right?

How DARE you go against the wise, sage advice of Mr. Crash Davis.

Crash Davis
: It's time to work on your interviews.
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My interviews? What do I gotta do?
Crash Davis: You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Got to play... it's pretty boring.
Crash Davis: 'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down.

Back