• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Australian Open

WakeDogg

Reaction score
anybody else been watching? very difficult to stay up late to watch (especially on East Coast), but it's been pretty entertaining so far.

Fed looked SO good last night. he hasn't lost a match since his crushing loss to Djok in the US Open. and he's playing even better now.

SUPER pumped for Fed-Nadal semis. gotta give the edge to Fed in this one given how he's playing, but with Rafa, who knows...

also looks like we'll get a Djok/Murray semi on the other side.

Roger looking so strong.

For about 10 seconds, I thought Leyton Hewitt was gonna shock the world.

If I were him, I'd retire just to hang out with my wife - good lord she is like a dream or something.

For about 10 seconds, I thought Leyton Hewitt was gonna shock the world.

If I were him, I'd retire just to hang out with my wife - good lord she is like a dream or something.

I may have been talking to AnonymousDeac about this but whenever Lleyton Hewitt pops up my first thought is "holy shit I can't believe he's still playing".

I may have been talking to AnonymousDeac about this but whenever Lleyton Hewitt pops up my first thought is "holy shit I can't believe he's still playing".

Yep, for a player with his game, it's very impressive.

also fun stat i saw comparing Pete's and Fed's accomplishments:

from the time each man won their first major (so the span that they won majors), Pete won 14 of the 49 majors he played.

Fed has won 16 of 27...

I used to also enjoy watching the women's game because many of them are hot and the matches are usually pretty good. I stopped when all the grunting, shrieking, squeeling bullshit became the norm.

can't watch Fed vs Rafa tonight b/c i take a board exam tomorrow (9 hour test, ugh). so fucking mad....

I think I'm going to try and get up to watch it. I want to just expect it to go 5 sets and still be on at a reasonable hour and just wake up around 6:30 and watch; but if I do that it will probably be over in 3 and I'll miss it.

Why do they play this shit in the middle of the night?

What a fucking insult to the only country on the planet that matters. Could those assholes be more egotistical?

Yeah there wont be many more Federer-Nadal GS matches in their primes. Thinking about doubling down on Fed.

I'm on Bovada and it's at -175 now. Actually thinking about betting the game spread at Fed (-3) for even money.

Back