• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Tonight A Referendum On Jeff's Culture?

Winkathomelygirl

Reaction score
I see tonight's game as a referendum on what Jeff has been trying to accomplish the past two years. The match-up's are terrible in favor of Florida State. Anything from a Wake win to a loss within ten points is a victory for the cultural change. A blow-out loss will be an indicator of things not working.

moon stop posting about basketball....you add nothnig to the discussions...a blowout loss is EXACTLY what to expect when almost all the matchups favor the opposition.

If we hold it under 18 points, we will have done very, very well.

This is a stupid thread.

It's also stupid to ever say that a 17 point margin means we have done very very well.

I see tonight's game as a referendum on what Jeff has been trying to accomplish the past two years. The match-up's are terrible in favor of Florida State. Anything from a Wake win to a loss within ten points is a victory for the cultural change. A blow-out loss will be an indicator of things not working.

Not sure the notion of "culture change" is on display tonight, as much as [Redacted]'s coaching. I've seen a culture change all year, perhaps most notably with Ty's newfound ability to give a s**t and with TC's sustained leadership (not to mention, obviously, CJ's leadership and Travis's drive).

I agree with you about expectations, though, and I think that your assessment that a blow-out loss being an indicator that things are working is indeed a good way of looking at tonight.

No excuses. Let's bounce back from our superbowl.

moon stop posting about basketball....you add nothnig to the discussions...a blowout loss is EXACTLY what to expect when almost all the matchups favor the opposition.

wink is not moon.

joepaterno1.jpg

Let's pump the breaks here. We're only 9 point dogs.

Not sure the notion of "culture change" is on display tonight, as much as [Redacted]'s coaching. I've seen a culture change all year, perhaps most notably with Ty's newfound ability to give a s**t and with TC's sustained leadership (not to mention, obviously, CJ's leadership and Travis's drive).

I agree with you about expectations, though, and I think that your assessment that a blow-out loss being an indicator that things are working is indeed a good way of looking at tonight.

No excuses. Let's bounce back from our superbowl.

This is pretty flimsy evidence. 3 of those positive things are character traits from players Dino recruited (and are things I expected to see before [Redacted] was even hired).

The Ty transformation has been remarkable. I will give you that.

wink is not moon.

rj is just mad at me because he thinks i am behind Harv's better half Marv.;)

He sees my parodies everywhere these days like imaginary bugs crawling on one's skin

And while I have never claimed to know as much about basketball as, say, our battalion of face painting dwarves, I do know some rj.

ps, I am not so sure that even one of my parodies would post something as inane as this thread.

This is pretty flimsy evidence. 3 of those positive things are character traits from players Dino recruited (and are things I expected to see before [Redacted] was even hired).

The Ty transformation has been remarkable. I will give you that.

If you want a dissertation, then pay me fellowship money and we're in business...

Seriously, though, if you can't see a marked difference both on and off of the court from last year, directly pertaining to attitude, effort, and the execution, then I don't know what to tell you...

If culture change meant removing bad apples so that the rest of the team could buy-in, then that happened. The buying-in part remains hazy because Bzz hasn't convinced me that he's got a whole lot for the guys to buy-in to, yet.

rj is just mad at me because he thinks i am behind Harv's better half Marv.;)

He sees my parodies everywhere these days like imaginary bugs crawling on one's skin

And while I have never claimed to know as much about basketball as, say, our battalion of face painting dwarves, I do know some rj.

ps, I am not so sure that even one of my parodies would post something as inane as this thread.

thumb.aspx

that's not moon...he braids and dyes his ear hair...

Anyone who can't see how the players are playing harder and smarter (2-3less TOs/game and better shots) simplyh doesn't want to see it,

As a professional sports fan, I have had it pretty damn good:

Yankees: 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2009

NY Giants: 1986, 1991, 2008, ?

NY Rangers: 1994

Thus, 11 Championships since I recall following my teams (I do not count the Knicks--1970, 1973--too young)

Makes being a Wake fan a tad easier

"Culture change" is a back end change. Got nothing to do with the front end, meaning the games.

The momentum of the program, which I think you are likely trying to figure out, will be measured by seasons, or half seasons, not individual games.

In other words, if we go 12-3 in our OOC schedule, success. If we go 3-13 in conference, failure. So, you can split a season in two, but you can't judge any program in the country by individual games.

Unless you are an idiot.

If you want a dissertation, then pay me fellowship money and we're in business...

Seriously, though, if you can't see a marked difference both on and off of the court from last year, directly pertaining to attitude, effort, and the execution, then I don't know what to tell you...

If culture change meant removing bad apples so that the rest of the team could buy-in, then that happened. The buying-in part remains hazy because Bzz hasn't convinced me that he's got a whole lot for the guys to buy-in to, yet.

I see the difference as far as the team goes (though I don't think it's due to "culture change"*); I don't see the difference as far as those three players go. Those three guys have very strong intangibles and have from day one. You'd have to have been blind to have missed them last year.

*I see the improvement as a result of a year of experience, the leadership of CJ and McKie not wanting to let last year happen again, and the players being happy to be at Wake Forest (not necessarily attributable to culture change).

Back