• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this accurate?

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
If so, what does it say about our lowered expectations?

"If we hold it under 18 points (vs. FSU at home), we will have done very, very well."

Discuss...

Hmm, I'd say it means rj doesn't expect much considering we're playing the (currently) #1 team in the conference and they also are a terrible match up for us.

I don't get why it's lowered expectations to look reasonably at the hand we've been dealt this year and make predictions based on that.

"If we hold it under 18 points (vs. FSU at home), we will have done very, very well."

Discuss...

It has nothing to do with lowered expectations. it's THIS game between these two teams.

It says nothnig about next year or years thereafter or about expectations in any way.

Haha, that's a good catch too, guess he was referencing that, I thought maybe he'd just pulled the number out of thin air.

I didn't think about that at all. I was being generous in not saying I expect a 20+ point blowout.

If Snaer shuts down CJ, this could be incredibly ugly.

I wish these stupid threads would just end. It's so tiring.

SURPRISE!!!! Hulka and dv7 hate BZZZ. A thread for every anti-Bzzz thought is unnecessary.

Well after our last home performance against NC State, keeping within 18 of FSU might seem like a moral victory...Facepalm

In plenty of mediocre years we would have been pleased keeping it under twenty with the first place team in the league. Just because it isn't duke or Carolina doesn't mean we have lowered expectations.

We aren't great, and FSU is going to be a tough matchup. They whooped Carolina the other day, remember?

Its never acceptable to get blown out at home. Ever.

So no, its not accurate.

Under 20? I don't ever recall going into a game thinking, "if we can keep this under 20 then I'll be most pleased!"

What kind of thinking is that?

Under 20? I don't ever recall going into a game thinking, "if we can keep this under 20 then I'll be most pleased!"

What a dumb question, it's the thinking that goes along with "the culture change" RW and Bzzz has set in motion my friend.

Edit: Isn't it funny how things change? Wasn't long ago we went into each football game with FSU thinking if we stayed within 21 points our team played great. Now, in football we've beaten their butts 4 of the past 6 years and we're hoping to stay within 21 points of them in hoops.

Last edited:
What a dumb question, it's the thinking that goes along with "the culture change" RW and Bzzz has set in motion my friend.

Edit: Isn't it funny how things change? Wasn't long ago we went into each football game with FSU thinking if we stayed within 21 points our team played great. Now, in football we've beaten their butts 4 of the past 6 years and we're hoping to stay within 21 points of them in hoops.

If by "funny" you mean sad, then, Yes.

If by "funny" you mean sad, then, Yes.

Well, the basketball part is sad, the football part isn't. At one time I wondered if we'd ever beat FSU in football, now they've been our _itch for 4 of the last 6 years. :thumbsup:

It's shitty, pathetic, accurate, realistic thinking. Based on the current state of the program and personnel, that would actually be a good performance, which is about as underwhelming as you can get.

We are a 9 point dog. Being happy because we don't cover by 9 points is not reasonable expectations in my eyes.

Discuss...

It's some idiot setting the bar at an all time low so he can claim some sort of moral victory when we only get our ass kicked by 17.

It's possible to be upset about the state of the talent on the team while judging the guys that are on the team to what you expect out of them. The guys on the team currently are not physically capable of playing with a team like FSU for 40 minutes. Especially if Ty is out the whole second half. Do you not agree?

Back