• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apathy

EagleDeac

Reaction score
What time is the Wake - FSU game? Any TV? Never before have I needed those questions answered on the day of a game.

After the BC game, was speaking to a close friend who like me has been a crazy fan forever and neither of us had any idea who we were playing this week. I watch the games, and good or bad, I just sit there. No celebrations and no throwing the remote. I miss being pissed or pumped.

Anyone else? BTW, I do need those questions answered. (I know I can look it up)

When Wake was awesome were those things just posted repeatedly everywhere for those who can't use Google?

Also, under "Quick Links" at the top of this page there is a magical 2011 basketball schedule button that will answer all your questions for every game.

I sarcastically sing zombie nation and fist pump when we're up 6 against a shit team like BC...I sometimes do it even when we're losing by 30 and TC dribbles it off his foot. You should try it...

Even in the bad times I'm always pumped to watch them play. I'm hard wired that way I guess.

When Wake was awesome were those things just posted repeatedly everywhere for those who can't use Google?

Also, under "Quick Links" at the top of this page there is a magical 2011 basketball schedule button that will answer all your questions for every game.

I knew where to look, though I hadn't yet. Post was more about the apathy than needing the info.

Well as far as the apathy... if this message board is any indication, apathy is hardly the description of the fan base I would use after a bad loss.

I knew where to look, though I hadn't yet. Post was more about the apathy than needing the info.

Maybe you could have put it in one of the other apathy threads instead of bringing it up again. Just a suggestion.

Well as far as the apathy... if this message board is any indication, apathy is hardly the description of the fan base I would use after a bad loss.

We are the fringe. I know it's anecdotal, but I think we all have those Wake friends that are completely disengaged from the basketball team now. There's a variety of reasons, of course, but the predominant one that I've encountered is "because we suck."

We are the fringe. I know it's anecdotal, but I think we all have those Wake friends that are completely disengaged from the basketball team now. There's a variety of reasons, of course, but the predominant one that I've encountered is "because we suck."

I'd characterize the common reasons, in order of frequency, as:

1. "Because I frat hard. Tie-dyes suck."
2. "What's basketball?"
3. "Because we suck."

I'd characterize the common reasons, in order of frequency, as:

1. "Because I frat hard. Tie-dyes suck."
2. "What's basketball?"
3. "Because we suck."

You still hang out with people that say they frat hard? That's ... odd, post-college.

It is sad to walk into the Joel and look around, and realize what has become of our program. Really, just sad.

Back