• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

post game comments?

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
Just curious if he thought that keeping it within 19 would be "very, very good." Or if he had higher expecations. Also, I wish someone would have the balls to ask about his 20 pt losses at the joel a la Old gold beard.

I mean with Ty out we were never going to keep it close. I know that sounds odd, but we don't have any inside presence defensively whatsoever without Ty.

I don't blame [Redacted] at all for this one. I don't think the greatest coach of all time could have won this with Ty out.

Ty Walker is to Jeff [Redacted] as Michael Jordan is to Phil Jackson

Ty being out in the second half definitely hurt, but IMO it was not the reason we lost the game. If we could have taken better care of the ball, thereby getting more shots, and made a reasonable percentage, we would have had a shot at this one. I know they are the sixth ranked defensive team, but we had way too many unforced TOs and missed a lot of good looks. Half court offense.

Ty being out in the second half definitely hurt, but IMO it was not the reason we lost the game. If we could have taken better care of the ball, thereby getting more shots, and made a reasonable percentage, we would have had a shot at this one. I know they are the sixth ranked defensive team, but we had way too many unforced TOs and missed a lot of good looks. Half court offense.

I don't really think so. We were utterly blown out. We went to a small five man lineup and just conceded the interior when Carson was getting abused with about 12 minutes left. From that point on they were just taking the ball inside and we had no shot. We would have had to shoot 80% in the second half to have a chance IMO.

Agree.

Far too many TO's (16? I think) and too many missed open shots.

Travis only scored 3 points and that hurt. Hard as it is to believe, and I never thought I would say these words, but Ty is an integral part of offense and defense.

Carson is too soft. Can't figure him out. He acts like he doesn't even like basketball.

I don't really think so. We were utterly blown out. We went to a small five man lineup and just conceded the interior when Carson was getting abused with about 12 minutes left. From that point on they were just taking the ball inside and we had no shot. We would have had to shoot 80% in the second half to have a chance IMO.

FSU is very physical. Carson never had a chance. They were scoring on him at will.

I would assume that Travis McKie will man-up and take all the blame.

He farts more culture than Jeff [Redacted] can even comprehend.

ETA: not saying that all the blame is his, but he will take it.

Last edited:
FSU is very physical. Carson never had a chance. They were scoring on him at will.

Oh okay so yeah you're right let's go to a 2-3 zone, three guard lineup, with the tallest player on the court being 6'7". That's certainly going to make a difference.

Carson is a sophomore, let him get some experience and game-time learning with 3 fouls. He didn't come back in for the final like twelve minutes of the game.

The guy is nearly halfway through his second ACC season. How much game time and experience does he need before he actually plays tough? Will we be saying this next Jan 25 too?

90% of big men take two years or so to bulk up and get enough experience to contribute. The Reggie Johnson's of the world are few and far between.

Oh okay so yeah you're right let's go to a 2-3 zone, three guard lineup, with the tallest player on the court being 6'7". That's certainly going to make a difference.

Carson is a sophomore, let him get some experience and game-time learning with 3 fouls. He didn't come back in for the final like twelve minutes of the game.

I don't disagree with you, but Carson is basically invisible when he's on the court- so what's the difference in having him in the paint getting abused repeatedly or going small and letting Nikita at least play defense?

Both schemes are going to fail, obviously.

Both schemes fail but in one situation a sophomore who can contribute over the next two years can get some playing time with three fouls. In the other we have a senior playing. It's obviously just a difference in philosophies or ideas, but I'd rather have the sophomore in if we're gonna be conceding baskets anyways.

Exactly. we really have no inside presence with or without Ty on the offensive end.

Back