• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dreading UNC Game

80deac

Reaction score
Gonna hate seeing our home absolutely full of baby blue. Expecting entire upper level to be 75% & lower probably over 50% tarheels. We haven't been this bad in the modern era, so if ticket holders give up tickets to VT & FSU fans, then expect the worse come Tuesday. FSU fans were even behind our bench and all around floor level. I'm sure the heels will enjoy a "home " game.

Oh yes, gonna be some loud "Tar...Heels" chants in the Joel. Glad I don't live in NC anymore and have to endure Duke, UNC, and State fans this season. I send my sympathies to the local Wake fans,

Gonna hate seeing our home absolutely full of baby blue. Expecting entire upper level to be 75% & lower probably over 50% tarheels. We haven't been this bad in the modern era, so if ticket holders give up tickets to VT & FSU fans, then expect the worse come Tuesday. FSU fans were even behind our bench and all around floor level. I'm sure the heels will enjoy a "home " game.

It sucks because it wasn't long ago that wouldn't have been the case. I've got framed pictures of our gamse at the Joel against UNC from 2005 and 2009and you see very little Baby Blue in the crowd of those games. We had such a home court advantage then, maybe the best ever and it's sad to see it now just a few years later.

I'll bring my bb gun. I'm sure Roy won't mind.

Note to self: Buy a bb gun.

This is the game where I said we hit absolute bottom in the "bottom" thread. It just may the game where I hit absolute bottom after 35+ years of being a Wake fan. All I want is a final four before I die (I'm 50), and the thought of all those 'holes sitting in the Joel just pisses me off. I grew up in WS, and have hated the Heels at unhealthy levels for as long as I can remember. I just want to put Wellman at center court and Taliban all over him for allowing this proud program to fall to this level. As you can tell, I am in full melt down when it comes to Wake BB.

This is the game where I said we hit absolute bottom in the "bottom" thread. It just may the game where I hit absolute bottom after 35+ years of being a Wake fan. All I want is a final four before I die (I'm 50), and the thought of all those 'holes sitting in the Joel just pisses me off. I grew up in WS, and have hated the Heels at unhealthy levels for as long as I can remember. I just want to put Wellman at center court and Taliban all over him for allowing this proud program to fall to this level. As you can tell, I am in full melt down when it comes to Wake BB.

Bro, im just like you. Im 33 grew up in winston and agree with everything you just said.

I don't even care. We suck and they will beat us by 30.

To be fair, they lost to FSU about twice as badly as we did.

I hope Wake fans from everywhere attempt to go the game. I'll be there in the student section. The UNC game usually gets a good turnout. (Who DOESN'T hate the 'Heels around here?)

From one 50 year old to another... I share your pain.

Why would Tar Heels care about the WF game?

Perhaps we can see a certain Bob Knight Fan decked out in Tar Heel blue cheering on his UNC team to victory.

Don't want to hijack the thread but it looks like the NCSU/UNC bball rivalry is heating up again. Today in Chapel Hill:

405336_3183785999079_1398600026_33349709_1407179411_n.jpg

It doesn't even hurt anymore for me.

What sucks is that there are a fair amount of grad students who are Chapel Hill fans so they get tickets just as easily as we do (we never give out our full allotted amount because Wake is dismal) and even if there was a lottery I have a chance of losing my seat to a Tarhole fan.

Back