• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concussion diagnosis

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Hope Ty is on the mend soon. He is really starting to play well, as posted many times here, if he would have red shirted one could even be excited about his season.

Secondly, was Wellman or bzz ever examined for mental impairment? It has to be the only logical explanation left for buzz being offered the job and for buzz taking the job.

Last fan left at the Joel get the lights.

I think Ty was done a disservice by being allowed to talk himself out of a redshirt year. He should not have been given the option.

Yeah Ty not redshirting his freshman year was the first example of his bad decision making. It was apparent that he wasn't going to play at all that season

Both the team and Ty would really benefit from him being around next year.

I think Ty was done a disservice by being allowed to talk himself out of a redshirt year. He should not have been given the option.

Similar to Josh Harris waiving off the coaches and staying on the field to re-injure his hamstring. Coaches should make the players do what they know is right. They're college kids.

Disagree. Strongly.

You should never force a basketball player to redshirt against his will. It would have an adverse impact on future recruiting when word spreads that you recruit kids to play in your program and then force a redshirt against their will. The damage done would be much greater than any good achieved by gaining a fifth year from a marginal player (definition: one you would recruit and then redshirt for other than physical reasons).

Ty was done no disservice. He was given a choice with a strong recommendation. He chose to go in another direction. Any fault lies solely with him. Frankly, he is fortunate to be here now. But, that is another story.

So those of you wishing that Ty had redshirted:

Which player from our incoming class would you have sacrificed so that Ty could get a fifth year?

Okay BabyDeac. . .I will take your word for it. . .you know a lot more about the situation than I do.

Da, how could there be a better way to determine who your next good reliever is than what the Phils have for this season?

I was wondering why Ty spit a lugie on the court. Aft first, I thought Coach Bzd took him out for that. But I suppose he was not in his right mind.

My statement still stands.

Furthermore, any thoughts on Washington possibly red-shirting? 7'.05/220 looks pretty similar to 7'/220...

Washington doesn't expect to play much until late in the season.

I think it comes down to how well Devin and Tyler play early next year. We are still very thin at 4/5.

It seems like our players are getting smacked in the face a lot this year.

Washington doesn't expect to play much until late in the season.

I think it comes down to how well Devin and Tyler play early next year. We are still very thin at 4/5.

You think Devin or Tyler will play C?

I think if Andre is even just a little bit more aggressive defensively than Carson, he might be able to play early. I think he's better than people are giving him credit for. It helps that he can shoot.

Also, Andre said he'd like to start late in the season. I think he fully expects playing time early on.

Can't find the blog I read that at, so don't take my word on him wanting to start.

If Devin is really close to 6'10 he might play some center. What I love about him is he played as a PF/c at high levels in AAU at 6'7. This means he had to learn a lot of footwork and other tricks to compete. I think it's better that he grew from 6'7 to 6'9 (6'10) than if he had been that height earlier, he probably wouldn't learned those moves or had to play as hard as he did.

Tyler is going to play PF. He's an intriguing guy that I know little about.

We may need Dre earlier than we should. But his attitude is great in that he doesn't expect much early.

If Devin is really close to 6'10 he might play some center. What I love about him is he played as a PF/c at high levels in AAU at 6'7. This means he had to learn a lot of footwork and other tricks to compete. I think it's better that he grew from 6'7 to 6'9 (6'10) than if he had been that height earlier, he probably wouldn't learned those moves or had to play as hard as he did.

Tyler is going to play PF. He's an intriguing guy that I know little about.

We may need Dre earlier than we should. But his attitude is great in that he doesn't expect much early.

In the blog I read the interviewer was raving about his attitude and work ethic. He went from being a nobody to being a Div 1 recruit like it was nothing. Kid works hard...

Saw a video of him too. He can shoot and block as well as you could hope for with someone his size.

Back