• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Schiano close to becoming new head coach of Bucs

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are near an agreement to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as their new head coach, according to league sources.

The two sides are busy putting the finishing touches on an agreement that would give Tampa Bay a new direction and Schiano, 45, his first NFL head coaching job, according to sources.

The two sides met Wednesday for the second time and then spent some of the night into the morning trying to work out a contract that is expected to be finalized, according to a source.

Mike Sherman, the other candidate to get a second interview with the Bucs, is in Miami this morning visiting with the Dolphins about their offensive coordinator job, according to a source.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-greg-schiano-coach-sources-say?eleven=twelve

WTF? Mike Sherman, Chip Kelly, Greg Schiano....Tampa was hellbent on making a crappy hire, it seems. Oh well. Go Panthers.

19rhoden.1.600.jpg

raheem-morris.jpg

Wasn't too long ago he was turning down offers to stay at Rutgers.

Ray Rice graduates, and he can't sustain the success.

This will work out well.

Tough break for Rutgers as they have a borderline-Top 25 class coming in. Wonder how many of them stay aboard?

This is almost Bz level bad. I'd be beyond pissed if I was a Bucs fan, especially since it looks like the move was made to help the GM maintain power over his poor personnel decisions.

That's almost as bad a move as my Ravens keeping Cam Cameron as OC.

I thought Chip Kelly was pretty stupid. This one is just fucking terrible.

No one wants to sign up for cowering in the shadow of Cameron Newton.

Back