• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fox Sports Ranks The Super Bowls

Pretty solid list. Pats-Panthers should've been higher and Cards-Steelers should've been lower though

Pats-Panthers #13 for those that don't want to click all the way through. Didn't realize that was the Janet Jackson Game.

Agree it's a pretty solid list, but like with any list you can bitch with a few of the rankings.

Pretty solid list. Pats-Panthers should've been higher and Cards-Steelers should've been lower though

Those two stood out to me as well. Cards-Steelers came down to the end, but as I remember it, the Cards were really flat in that game except for 1 long TD to Fitzgerald.

I agree with the top 3 (though I'd probably put Giants-Bills at #2 and Pats-Rams at #3).

The "historical significance" rankings seemed all over the place to me.

That list sucks. Cards/Steelers over the 1st Cowboys/Steelers matchup? WTF?

I would put the Seahawks Steelers matchup near the bottom. That was a snoozefest.

XLV Packers v. Steelers last year should be lower than #15.
XXXVIII Pats v. Panthers should be top ten if not top five, rather than 13.
XXX Steelers v. Cowboys has no business in the top 20.
I have no idea how Super Bowl III isn't in the top five.
Not sure how XXXIII Falcons v. Broncos didn't come in last.

I actually attended XIII Steelers v. Cowboys at the old Orange Bowl. It was the Jackie Smith game.

Last edited:
My memory starts with the 49ers/Bengals SB in 1989. My top five would be (in no order)

- 49ers over Bengals (1989)
- Giants over Bills (1991)
- Rams over Titans (2000)
- Pats over Rams (2002)
- Steelers over Cardinals (2009)

Bottom five, in no order:

- Colts over Bears (2007)
- Steelers over Seahawks (2006) - probably the worst SB ever
- Bucs over Raiders (2003)
- Ravens over Giants (2001)
- Cowboys over Bills #2 (1994)

My memory starts with the 49ers/Bengals SB in 1989. My top five would be (in no order)

- 49ers over Bengals (1989)
- Giants over Bills (1991)
- Rams over Titans (2000)
- Pats over Rams (2002)
- Steelers over Cardinals (2009)

Bottom five, in no order:

- Colts over Bears (2007)
- Steelers over Seahawks (2006) - probably the worst SB ever
- Bucs over Raiders (2003)
- Ravens over Giants (2001)
- Cowboys over Bills #2 (1994)

I was at that one too. Bills fans were crying in the stands in the second quarter.

Didn't see the Wake-BC Superbowl from last week on there. Must have been too recent to make the list.

The most important Super Bowl wasn't the best game- Jets over Colts

I'd forgotten just how many terrible Super Bowls there have been.

Seriously, how is Panthers-Pats, which was decided on a last second FG, a 4 for Competitiveness of the game?

The same way that SF's 55 to 10 win over Denver can be a 2 on competitiveness of the game while the Dallas Denver superbowl, which was a 10 point game in the 4th quarter, was a 1?

Only negative I can come up with Panthers-Pats is the fact the Panthers' O did squadoosh for 28 minutes in the first half. But still, great game

Only negative I can come up with Panthers-Pats is the fact the Panthers' O did squadoosh for 28 minutes in the first half. But still, great game

One of the best games that is never discussed. I think the only highlights I've seen since it happened were during Broncos-Pats.

Back