• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billings to Memphis.....

Good luck to him.........I hope he does well.

God Bless him. Memphis is a football wasteland and will always be until the school pumps some money into that program. The last hire (before Fuente) was an absolute joke.

Good luck Tim!

Yeah, he'll be able to leverage his Texas connections and GTFO as quickly as possible.

Billings did a great job for us- glad we had him and best wishes for him at Memphis.

Arguably the worst NCAA FBS program over the last three years. 5-31. Wins over Austin Peay, Tennessee-Martin, Middle Tennessee, UTEP and Tulane. During that span of 36 games, they have an incredible 26 losses by double digits. During that time, Memphis has played 6 games against BCS teams, and lost every game by 28 or more points and never surrendered less than 45 (only one of those games was against a ranked opponent).

Memphis has a new coach Justin Fuente. He was the co-OC at TCU and is only 35. With a new coach in place, would think that the staff will have some time to turn around a wretched program.

Arguably the worst NCAA FBS program over the last three years. 5-31. Wins over Austin Peay, Tennessee-Martin, Middle Tennessee, UTEP and Tulane. During that span of 36 games, they have an incredible 26 losses by double digits. During that time, Memphis has played 6 games against BCS teams, and lost every game by 28 or more points and never surrendered less than 45 (only one of those games was against a ranked opponent).

Memphis has a new coach Justin Fuente. He was the co-OC at TCU and is only 35. With a new coach in place, would think that the staff will have some time to turn around a wretched program.

If bowl games go to 7-5 requirements, it sounds like we need to leverage Billings to get Memphis on our schedule.

I think we don't. I wouldn't want to face a staff with Billings on it. I doubt we have "leverage" with him anyway.

I think we don't. I wouldn't want to face a staff with Billings on it. I doubt we have "leverage" with him anyway.

He won't be there long. That said, I do think you're right, in that the bridge may be burned.

I would of thought he could have gotten a better gig with his track record at Wake. Hope this is only a short term thing.

Is he a husband/father? Must be tough on the fam in spite of the money. Having to move to Memphis knowing you'll probably be picking up again in a few years.

Is he a husband/father? Must be tough on the fam in spite of the money. Having to move to Memphis knowing you'll probably be picking up again in a few years.

Yes he is. First wife died of cancer and he remarried. His daughter is a senior at WFU.

Back