• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Due $28M Bonus March 8

Did you just wake up from under a rock?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

You may also be surprised to know that Dino Gaudio has been fired as head bball coach.

Hahahahahaha! Peyton has said that he will not postpone the bonus, and the Colts will have to pay him or cut him. Biggest story in the NFL offseason.

Not believing anything that wasn't Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Why would they cut him? Is he hurt or something?

And if they cut him, what are they going to do for a quarterback? Play Curtis Painter? Pick up Kerry Collins?

Is there anybody good available in the draft?

The whole situation with Manning is really a sad situation. He's won so many games for Indianapolis and I know loyalty in sports is "overrated" to some.

At the same token, does he have enough in the tank to play again? Should Indy pay him the 28 million when his future is so uncertain? Just sad situation all around and I have no clue what the right answer is here.

I wish the Colts had blown the #1 pick at the end of the season. They certainly don't deserve Luck after clearly tanking this season (no team trying to win games would have stuck with Painter so long) and now they are screwing over the best player they have ever had who has never been anything but the ultimate professional and made their team a consistent contender for 10+ years.

I wish the Colts had blown the #1 pick at the end of the season. They certainly don't deserve Luck after clearly tanking this season (no team trying to win games would have stuck with Painter so long) and now they are screwing over the best player they have ever had who has never been anything but the ultimate professional and made their team a consistent contender for 10+ years.

Chris Carter had the best line when describing him.
"Curtis Painter is a better painter than a QB"

And Painter still wasn't the worst starting QB in the league for a couple weeks.

The best way to describe Tyler Palko is as a right-handed quarterback trying to throw the ball with his left hand.

The situation sucks from Manning, but this is a no-brainer from the front office point of view. Peyton Manning may never play football again. He has a nerve injury that is not healing. They have the opportunity to draft a young franchise QB. The roster bonus he is due is more than 90% of NFL players make in their entire career. The Colts need to look to the future of the organization and get back to winning games. Bring Peyton to the FO or the sidelines if necessary.

As much as I love Peyton Manning, the Colts are not "screwing" him over. They have to make a decision by March 8 as to whether they will handicap themselves under the salary cap on a QB who may never play again. They have ALOT of holes to fill and numeerous key players besides Manning that they want/need to re-sign. They can ill afford as a franchise to sink $28 mil into a QB whose true condition may not be known for several more months--else those holes will never be filled or several key players will be gone. Peyton has certainly been a class individual and the face of the franchise for a decade now. But, unless they truly believe he will be able to come back and play as he has, they'd be nuts to start re-building without the $28 mil in hand. (I think I'm going to be sick after having actually typed that).

I have seen Peyton work the buffet line, he is worth every penny.

Back