• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Summers switches to UNC

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
ohhhhhhhh hell...wolfpack centrtal must be fire eyed and that tail is not wagging.

Recently annointed 4 Star QB from Greensboro switches his pledge after saying just 2 weeks previous "I have always been a wolfpack fan...never felt comfortable at unc"

hmmmmmmmm.... wonder if there is any money under yon fedora...

Not going to NC State is priceless

NC State just got CSU QB Pete Thomas (4 star out of HS, started both years there) and has enrolled freshman Manny Stocker. Hurts to lose Summers, but won't be a make or break recruit. Rumors of family pull towards UNC

Oh no! Maybe they'll beat us once in the next 5 years now with a quarterback we weren't going to play at quarterback

I laughed.

"The new offense that they (UNC) run over there, and the competition I have to go for, that's a better place for me to go on with my career," said Summers. "I have a better chance to make things happen over there."

Summers told WFMY News 2 he met with new North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora earlier this week. "(Fedora) told me what he had over there, was straight up front, and told me if I could come in and compete, maybe I'd compete, and start my freshman year."

I laughed.

"The new offense that they (UNC) run over there, and the competition I have to go for, that's a better place for me to go on with my career," said Summers. "I have a better chance to make things happen over there."

Summers told WFMY News 2 he met with new North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora earlier this week. "(Fedora) told me what he had over there, was straight up front, and told me if I could come in and compete, maybe I'd compete, and start my freshman year."

The lies continue at UNC. If the kid wants to play QB, UNC was probably a better option. He was promised a shot at QB at NCSU, but was most likely going to end up at WR, where he could have gotten serious PT as a freshman, given our lack of depth there. I hate to lose him because he's a playmaker and flipped to UNC, but it doesn't hurt at QB very much.

It's gonna be rough since he's only gonna have one shot to play in a bowl, his senior year.

Its precisely things like this that make me think UNC wiill not be severly punished. Kid had to ask about this and Fedoras likely response was, "I wouldnt have come if it was gonna be that bad."

I am from GSO and saw him play a few times. Great athlete, but IMO, he is not a DI level QB.

I heard back in November the wolfpack pulled his offer due to off the field issues. Doesn't surprise me that UNC would 'work-around' them.

I laughed.

Yeah, I love that. This moron thinks that being told he can come right in and start at QB is being "straight" with him?

I am from GSO and saw him play a few times. Great athlete, but IMO, he is not a DI level QB.

I heard back in November the wolfpack pulled his offer due to off the field issues. Doesn't surprise me that UNC would 'work-around' them.

The Butch legacy slowly becoming part of the Carolina Way.

Back