• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Early Football prediction for 2012 by Athlon

Damn, VaTech's offense is decimated. The Atlantic looks a helluva lot tougher than the Coastal.

I think we'll have a better team than NC State but winning in Raleigh will be really, really tough.

Interesting that pending sanctions are mentioned for Miami, but not for UNC.
??????

Can't really disagree with those predictions. We have to travel to NC State next year so I kind of agree with giving them the nod above us simply due to that. Going to FSU is also going to be tough but we thankfully get Clemson at home.

Anyone who doesn't put us last has probably done some research. And for once, it is hard to argue with FSU being picked first (considering how teams finished this season and what each brings back next year)

when will Syracuse and Pitt start playing ACC ball?

Two ways they can incorporate the two new teams:

1. create new north/south divisions.
2. add one team to each existing division. from what i've read, this seems more likely at this point. And Syracuse would likely go the Atlantic, and Pittsburgh to the Coastal.

4th place in the division and a softer OOC schedule should have us bowling again. Let's hope that's the floor, and work from there to move up a spot or two in the standings and the bowl selction order. If we're consistently in that range in most seasons there's always the chance of all the pieces coming together a la 2006 and another run at a conference championship.

If Athlon TJDK, what about these guys?

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1150069.html

Seems like their entire basis for predictions was how a team finished (no matter if their sched got easier/harder) + returning starters. Nice in-depth work, boys

I am surprised that Wake is that high with the offensive line situation. Not close enough to the program to know if there is talent that will be there to replace the graduating guys, but the need to replace 4 starters is tough.

Every team has questions. Some more than other.

I wonder how athlon's predictions have turned out in previous years?

Back