• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN College Gameday

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
It works for football...It is awful for basketball. How the hell can anyone watch this when they have a gym full of drunk college kids screaming over the conversation. It is somewhat distracting for football but they are outside and you can still hear what the hosts are saying. For basketball it is awful. I feel like Bob Knight is going scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" and any minute.

Yes. Totally agree.

its hokey, plus they don't even go to the "big" game of the day.

Yes. Totally agree.

Football College Gameday is awesome, basketball College Gameday just doesn't work.

In the good ole days, college game day was great. Ric Flair and Dickie V with Timmy? Awesome.

Football College Gameday is awesome, basketball College Gameday just doesn't work.

Yeah. College football games are almost all on Saturdays and every game counts. It makes sense for a Gameday show. Bball Gameday doesn't have the excitement factor.

Just wait till they roll out Women's College Basketball Gameday

This show was forever cursed by choosing to debut the week after the epic WF/UNC 2005 game at the Joel.

This show was forever cursed by choosing to debut the week after the epic WF/UNC 2005 game at the Joel.

oh man what a game. i was a freshmen at the time and thought i was going to have 4 unbelievable years of basketball. then CP3 had to back out of that Crowne Oaks lease and i was stuck with Joe Dukes

Especially lame because they plan it out for the whole season and don't even start until midway through the season. For football they decide like a week before where they're going and it doesn't even have to be an ESPN game. They do a fair amount of the CBS SEC ones.

At least the quality of teams involved steps up exponentially the rest of the way, starting with KU @ Mizzou next week

Yeah. College football games are almost all on Saturdays and every game counts. It makes sense for a Gameday show. Bball Gameday doesn't have the excitement factor.

Also, football Gameday sets up perfectly for tailgating. Be in the Gameday crowd in the morning, stay and tailgate all afternoon, then head into the game. For basketball Gameday, you're either trapped in the arena for 12 hours straight or you come for the show, go back home all day, and then come back to the game (generally too cold to tailgate for several hours in January in most Gameday locations).

Yes. Totally agree.

Wish we would host Game Day. That would mean we are really good again.

Since the gametimes are decided at the beginning of the year, it makes it hard for ESPN to get the right marquee matchups in the right time slot.

Back