• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chilly Dip on WFNZ at 9:30 AM

Adam42R

Reaction score
FYI:

Chris McClain/WFNZ (wfnz.com - there's a listen live link at the top) will have Randolph Childress on at 9:30 (believe that's the correct slot) today.

Jesse+Eisenberg+vs.+SNL+vs.+Herb+Welch+Drug+Bust+Unprofessional+Mic+Interview+2.jpg

He talked about dislocating his shoulder on the Monday practice before the '95 ACCT. Seemed to be kinda embarrassed by the Jeff McInnes "taunt" - he said they have never talked about that since. He was flattered to discover how loathed he is by both the UNC and Duke fan-bases. Said that it suggests he can ball if they hate him so much ;) Very little on the current Deacons was asked (maybe out of respect ?) - he did say we had a couple of good scorers but we aren't there yet - he followed that up w/ saying he doesn't believe in Moral Victories. That's about all I recall from it and I might be remembering it incorrectly a bit.

He talked about dislocating his shoulder on the Monday practice before the '95 ACCT. Seemed to be kinda embarrassed by the Jeff McInnes "taunt" - he said they have never talked about that since. He was flattered to discover how loathed he is by both the UNC and Duke fan-bases. Said that it suggests he can ball if they hate him so much ;) Very little on the current Deacons was asked (maybe out of respect ?) - he did say we had a couple of good scorers but we aren't there yet - he followed that up w/ saying he doesn't believe in Moral Victories. That's about all I recall from it and I might be remembering it incorrectly a bit.

neither do i. thank god bzz is running the show and not chill or myself.

Chill is an athlete that wasn't always the most talented (though he was still very good) but he would out work you and get in the other's players head. He was special and wasn't going to ever accept a "moral" victory.

Did he say anything about whether he had any interest in getting into coaching?

Did he say anything about whether he had any interest in getting into coaching?

It wasn't asked. I think they had him on just to talk about his romp through the ACCT and killing UNC. They had a half hour or so dedicated to (inspired by Childress' killing the Heels and Duke for that matter in his tenure) "who was the guy that you hated because he killed your team?" - don't think that was the exact language; I didn't catch it all, just the interview w/ Childress. But no, there wasn't anything about him coaching or anything about Coach B. Apparently, they had Dino as an ESPN analyst on the day prior talking about UNC's chance to get to the Final Four. I saw that on their site, I didn't hear it. Maybe it's all part of a "the Wake that was" motif :)

Back