• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Signing Day Thread

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
We have the Football Recruiting Thread, but we need one dedicated thread to Signing Day. Recruiting culminates to one day - tomorrow. Let's update this thread as LOIs come in. Hopefully, we will see some fun signing day surprises a la Phonso.

Bring it home, Grobe and Co.!

Anxiously awaiting lots of good news tomorrow.........this is like the night before Christmas for older guys

I love signing day. What I miss is Packer's show. He always interviews each ACC coach for comments on their class.

I have never attended the Signing Day luncheon. I wish to do that one day.

The official website always does a pretty in depth review of the commits as they come in as well. In the past, it has been the most comprehensive source of info on the incoming kids.

Do we any possible late breaking 'soft' verbals that are in jeopardy ?

And any guesses of any possible late switches to Wake from whomever ?

Just a quick post so I can find this easier tomorrow in the event this thread doesn't get tacked.

Carry on & Go Deacs!!

JaysonSwain Jayson Swain
Oh well.. RT @nlivesayhoops: @JaysonSwain @wesrucker247 @Vols_Beat here in SC, Gaffney fans are saying Quinshad Davis to Wake Forest

WillGunter247 William Gunter
Rumors here tonight from Gaffney fans that WR Quinshad Davis will pick Wake Forest tom over UNC and Tennessee.

JaysonSwain Jayson Swain
Oh well.. RT @nlivesayhoops: @JaysonSwain @wesrucker247 @Vols_Beat here in SC, Gaffney fans are saying Quinshad Davis to Wake Forest

Rumors here tonight from Gaffney fans that WR Quinshad Davis will pick Wake Forest tom over UNC and Tennessee.

Sounds good to me.

We need to make sure Jela comes with him

I feel good about Jela. Davis would be a huge coup. I mean huge. Is Galloway recruiting both of these kids?

JaysonSwain Jayson Swain

wow...hope it's true!

Awesome news if true re Davis. Galloway is definitely recruiting Duncan and convinced him to visit. The visit (if we land him) was the turning point in the recruitment.

Galloway is the one recruiting both of them IIRC. Galloway was instrumental in the Davis recruitment.

I will take our guys,...... Go Deacs!

According to this analysis, Rivals does nail it on occasion. In the last five NFL drafts, 28 of the 159 first-round draftees were five-star Rivals picks. But the overall numbers are less impressive. More than half (54%) of the five-star players identified by Rivals over those three seasons weren't taken in the NFL draft at all. About 81% of the four-star players and 91% of three-star players weren't drafted.

In a four-year period between 2004 and 2007, for example, the University of Miami landed six five-star recruits. But only one of them was drafted in the NFL. Only one other even managed to make an NFL team

Why are we rated last on rivals when our star rating is higher than Duke, BC, NCSU, and Maryland. And we are right there with UVA. But yet we are dead last. Our star average is a 2.84 those other four are lower.

Back