• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

game atmosphere

york1313

Reaction score
This might be repeat info, but I don't give a damn. Last night I looked around right before tip off and half of the upper level was empty. Most of the lower bowl was blue. This is unacceptable. Smaller arena, fire Buzz, I don't know what the answer is, but I know what we currently have isn't it. Something MUST change. I even got a letter in the mail for ACC tourney tickets and I am low man on the scrotum pole in the Deacon Club. UNC tickets, Duke tickets, ACC tourney tickets. These were once prized possessions. Now, no one seems to give a shit. Student section. Glad some of you showed up tonight and actually remembered a cheer. It has been a year since we have seen you. See you again at the Duke game. Something has got to change sooner than later. When you look at the Joel vs UNC and half of the upper bowl is empty and the lower bowl is UNC fans take a fucking hint and do something Wellman.

If you win, they will come. We need to win. I know it is shocking that Wake fans don't turn out in droves to see us get pummeled by UNC.

Bzz has to turn it around by next year or he is gone. A reasonable goal is .500 in conference play.

Damn right it is shocking that "fans" don't show up when we play UNC. Doesn't matter how good or bad either team is, it's UNC.

Win games and people will come. Have performances like we did against NC State and other home games, fans will stay at home. All Wellman is going to do is the same thing Bz does "Just stick with us and you'll be glad you did." Really nothing more hes going to do since Bz isn't going anywhere and I don't see Wellman going anywhere.

our team sucks, we're playing one of the best teams in the country and you're surprised the joel is empty? great thread

I am surprised. Just from reading some of your comments there is no passion even when we play Carolina.

Win and people will show up. Thanks for defining a band wagon fan for me.

I haven't stopped being a fan...I just stopped spending silly amounts of $$ and leaving my family behind to drive up to Winston for 2 hours. My bandwagon stays parked in my driveway.

I am surprised. Just from reading some of your comments there is no passion even when we play Carolina.

Welcome to the sports world. We don't have fan bases the size of UNC and Duke. Sorry, wish we did, but we don't. We have a small alumni base and I grew up in Winston and most people I knew were UNC and Duke fans. We get the local fans to show up when we're winning. For now two years, we've struggled and the product on the floor is sub par. Fans aren't going to spend the money to come out and see us lose. You may not like it, but it's the reality. Whenever we get back on track, I have no doubt they'll be fans who post "Where were all these fans when we we're losing to Wofford and Presbyterian. I came to every game no matter what, Go me."

I haven't stopped being a fan...I just stopped spending silly amounts of $$ and leaving my family behind to drive up to Winston for 2 hours. My bandwagon stays parked in my driveway.

Can anyone blame him?

Loved the "Tar-Heels" chant late in the second half drowning out our band. Worst UNC game crowd I can remember, but hardly surprising.

Bullshit.

Wake Forest hustled and did not back down.

Wake Forest was out-manned. Period.

Help is on the way.

The size of our fanbase in the central part of NC is actually about the same as Duke's fanbase.

MWBEX.Em.156.jpg

+1. Simple economics and the concept of opportunity cost - I think Ph and others said it well on the other thread when the fact remains that there is a much higher return on "investment" in non-WF basketball activities (like taking the kids to a museum) at the moment. Doesn't make them or any of us less of a fan, IMO.

Same boat here...I'll gladly go to a game or two if I happen to be up that way visiting the folks on a gameday but I'm definitely not driving 3.5 hours solely to watch terrible basketball...if I want to see that I'll just ride over to Trask and catch a UNCW game..

Would you drive 2 hours each way for a 9:00 Tuesday night game to see this Wake team?

Back