• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why this board is in constant meltdown mode

macktheknife

Reaction score
Testosterone changes during vicarious experiences of winning and losing among fans at sporting events.

Bernhardt PC, Dabbs JM Jr, Fielden JA, Lutter CD.

Source

University of Utah, Department of Educational Psychology, Salt Lake City 84112, USA. Paul.Bernhardt@m.cc.utah.edu

Abstract

Basking in reflected glory, in which individuals increase their self-esteem by identifying with successful others, is usually regarded as a cognitive process that can affect behavior. It may also involve physiological processes, including changes in the production of endocrine hormones. The present research involved two studies of changes in testosterone levels among fans watching their favorite sports teams win or lose. In the first study, participants were eight male fans attending a basketball game between traditional college rivals. In the second study, participants were 21 male fans watching a televised World Cup soccer match between traditional international rivals. Participants provided saliva samples for testosterone assay before and after the contest. In both studies, mean testosterone level increased in the fans of winning teams and decreased in the fans of losing teams. These findings suggest that watching one's heroes win or lose has physiological consequences that extend beyond changes in mood and self-esteem.

So, all this whining by the buzzouters occurs when their testosterone levels are low, sort of when they're in a "girly man" state. Explains a lot.

This board is in constant meltdown mode because Wake is a basketball school that is a combined 20-36 in basketball the past two years.

If Bzz can't at least get us to the NIT in 2013, then I really hope Wake doesn't take the State route and give him 5 years just for the hell of it. (Sidney Lowe got five years and it took Sendek 6 years to get to the NCAAs)

This board was born for the purpose being in continuous meltdown mode.

Other than the game thread I don't recall any other threads about the Clemson game- this place is no longer in constant meltdown. A lot of people have just stopped caring.

I am more interested in the thread starter's opinion of Mary Anne Fox -- but this will do.

This board was born out of the hope that we could resurrect our hoops program.

Hope will come...

soon%20(1).jpg

Maybe because we have no winning seasons in the major sports anymore. Since Prosser lost the WVa game in 2005 I have been in meltdown mode. Got the mojo back during football in 2006 but that was it.

You are such a jackass. Why do you hate Skip so much POS.

Because our head coach is a dickless loser and our AD is too proud to admit a mistake

So, all this whining by the buzzouters occurs when their testosterone levels are low, sort of when they're in a "girly man" state. Explains a lot.

Actually, the fact that we still care enough to insist on change and a chance at future success, means that we still have the balls (with enough testosterone) to do so. It's the girly men (BuzzInners) who can sit back and settle for Bzz and LOWF. As to the BuzzWaiters, their inability to make a decision speaks for itself... BuzzOut - till he's gone.

I look forward to yours the day Bzzz finally gets fired. And you'll do it - freely!

#TownieTears

No but srsly I won't be sad (unless we make doofus coach or something) about getting rid of Buzz.

Back