• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Server Migration - Important Information

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, OGBoarders.

As many of you have noticed, we hit our bandwidth cap (350gb) about a week ago. We received a 50gb extension and proceeded to hit our cap again last night during the game. We managed to convince the host to give us another extension until the cap reset at 12am. The good news is that our traffic is through the roof. The bad news is that there are no more levels of shared hosting with which to upgrade.

As such, we will be upgrading to the first level of Virtual Private Server(VPS) hosting. This will give us 2TB of bandwidth and greatly increased performance. This should also help us loosen the security restraints that existed on the share server which some of you have triggered.

Monthly fees will increase from $24.95 to $60. This monthly fee is sustainable for just under 2 years at our current funding level and will support all but the most explosive user growth.

Tonight at 11:50pm EST, we will be shutting down the boards so that our hosts can transfer our site from our current shared server to the VPS. We don't expect it to take longer than 1 hour.

As always, we appreciate your patience as we continue grow and evolve.

The Moderator Team

As always, thank you (& the rest of the Mods/Admins, of course) for what you put into this site.

I've said this to a few of you, but it blows me away how popular this board has become. We never would have expected to have this much traffic and use this much data. Its a testament to all you posters.

thanks to those involved with setting this board up.

The boards are going to be down for an hour?!?!??!!??!? Where am I gonna get my fix?

Monthly fees will increase from $24.95 to $60. This monthly fee is sustainable for just under 2 years at our current funding level and will support all but the most explosive user growth.

Stop trying to Ponzi my money.

Stop trying to Ponzi my money.

I'll need $10,000 for a 16 core Xeon setup and 128gb of ram. Also, another $10,000 so I can get a 100mb line run to my apartment.

You can make the check to TWDeac.

Back