• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mayweather vs. Cotto May 5th

stonevilleicetea

Reaction score
After FLoyd got his license today. I'm pretty excited about this fight although maybe a couple years too late.

I bet there is a buyout clause that pays Cotto a couple million plus a fight with Mayweather if te Manny fight gets signed.

Contracts like this are often made to get another fight signed.

Mayweather is fighting a washed up fighter that he his likely to dance around and out point for 12 rounds? Color me shocked!

I know that boxing fans like myself these days are few and far between but for those that follow the sport, what do you think?

I'm kind of depressed that I'm not out there like I was last Cinco de Mayo. Other than Superbowl weekend and March Madness, it's probably the best sports gambling weekend to be in Vegas but I chose to do the Pacquiao-Bradley fight in June instead.

At any rate, I think Cotto is a challenge to Mayweather but Mayweather will beat him in rounds 6-9. A bad cut is not out of the realm of possibility either since Cotto is easily cut and Mayweather does butt. On the undercard, you will probably see Sugar Shane's last meaningful fight as I really believe Canelo will destroy him. He's a rising star and this will probably be his last PPV "undercard" fight.

If I wanted to watch guys back up while fighting, I'd just google NBA fights.

Yes, major boxing fan here. Mayweather will win, but I think Cotto will give him more than Victor 'man lover' ortiz.

Say it with me folks.... Pac and Mayweather will NEVER fight.

If, by chance they do, it will be years from now, and the last fight both of them ever do (way past their prime, and of little interest to anyone other than to just see it and close the book).

Mayweather's already making excuses as to why he won't fight Manny.

Unfortunately, The only washed up fighter in that arena tomorrow night will be Sugar Shane. I am no Mayweather fan and while he is getting older, he is still a couple years from taking a fall. Would love to see Cotto win tomorrow night. Nothing like a quiet boxer knocking out a big mouth. I fully expect Pacman vs. Mayweather one year from tomorrow and can't wait to be there.

I love the youth in the sport with Canelo and Amir Khan.

Maybe washed up was a bit much but over-matched for sure. This is going to be like every fucking Mayweather fight...he is fighting a fighter he is far superior to, he dances around him trying to avoid any semblance of confrontation, he snoozes his way to a decision, he claims he is the greatest while ducking a fight he knows he might lose.

That being said, I hope I am wrong and will probably sucker myself into buying it because I will be 3 sheets to the wind by fight time after the Caps and Nats game today.

Maybe washed up was a bit much but over-matched for sure. This is going to be like every fucking Mayweather fight...he is fighting a fighter he is far superior to, he dances around him trying to avoid any semblance of confrontation, he snoozes his way to a decision, he claims he is the greatest while ducking a fight he knows he might lose.

That being said, I hope I am wrong and will probably sucker myself into buying it because I will be 3 sheets to the wind by fight time after the Caps and Nats game today.

Other than Manny, Who is he not far superior to other than Pacquiao? I mean Cotto has the 154 lb belt. He is far from a bad fighter. His only losses came to Margarita who who had loaded gloves and Pacman which may have been a hangover from that loss to Margarita.

Trust me, I can't stand Mayweather and hope he loses as much as anyone but he's fighting the same people everyone else is other than Ortiz who didn't deserve to be in that fight although he was a champion.

Very solid undercard tonight. I'm going to be sad when Sugar Shane gets his ass beat.

So I just realized this fight is 70 fucking dollars. No way am I going to drop $70 on a Mayweather fight. Are there any links for this fight?

BTTT.

I'm not watching paint dry for $70.

Back