• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big 10 Coaches crying about Urban Meyer's recruiting

surprised? he probably didn't have to do anything...he took the job and players started to waver on their decisions.

man up Big 10 coaches!

other schools should keep their gentleman's agreement with each other, and only try to flip OSU recruits.

Ohio State's track record speaks for itself. Scumbags to the core. Fire a cheater, hire a bigger cheater. I don't like Bielema much, but I'm with him and the rest of the Big Ten coaches. If you stand with Ohio State, you stand with evil -- might as well be giving Coach K a blowie.

I really can't believe that the B1G coaches are acting so surprised by this. Stuff like this happens in the SEC all the time, it's naive to think that it's not part of football recruiting.

Heck didn't we steal a Georgia Tech commit last year only to see them take one of ours back on signing day?

Yeah but if if they really have such an agreement (of which i'm skeptical) I think it's pretty admirable.

The response to this would be different if it was somebody like Clemson or UNC stealing guys who had given their verbal to play for Wake.

It is part of the recruiting process. Man up or get run over.

Yeah but if if they really have such an agreement (of which i'm skeptical) I think it's pretty admirable.

I guess, but in my mind, you're not subject to an agreement unless you actually agree to it. Tressel may have agreed. Urban clearly didn't. Not sure how you could hold that against him.

The response to this would be different if it was somebody like Clemson or UNC stealing guys who had given their verbal to play for Wake.

As I said, we stole one of GT's recruits last year and they stole one of ours. Obviously people were frustrated that we lost one, but most seemed to understand that it was part of the process.

As I said, we stole one of GT's recruits last year and they stole one of ours. Obviously people were frustrated that we lost one, but most seemed to understand that it was part of the process.

We stole Alphonso from Pitt at the 11th hour.

I guess, but in my mind, you're not subject to an agreement unless you actually agree to it. Tressel may have agreed. Urban clearly didn't. Not sure how you could hold that against him.

True, he can play his own game, but it shouldn't have to bust up everyone else's agreement.

Good for them if they keep there word. probably just a move because they know they cant keep up with saban

A lot of schools are doing this now and I read an article yesterday that most of the Big 10 schools are giving 4 year scholarships. The NCAA recently just allowed schools to give 4 year scholarships.

Back