• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Donatell

Winkathomelygirl

Reaction score
Any insights into recruiting Steve Donatell as an "athlete". 6'5", 200 pound left handed quarterback/punter with 4.5 speed. Dad is a longtime defensive coordinator and secondary coach. Don't think Steve played any defense in high school. Starts on a loaded (by Colorado standards) basketball team with six frontcourt players 6'5" or taller. Where do you think he fits in long term?

I think Scout ranked him in the top 15 of combination QBs. In fact, we recruited 2 of the top 15 or so combination QBs.

But, I believe the plan is to play him at LB.

He's gonna play at LB. Grobe said for him to get in at QB we would have to go through Price, Sousa, and Cameron...so yeah not gonna happen.

OLB -- the "want" is that he'll take weight on his frame. If he is able to then he might be special.This is the possibility Nebraska,Colorado and Wake Forest were willing to gamble on.

So Nebraska and Colorado were going to play him at LB too?

Just baffling to me that a guy who apparently didn't play any defense in HS was being recruited by several BCS schools to play linebacker..

Just baffling to me that a guy who apparently didn't play any defense in HS was being recruited by several BCS schools to play linebacker..

Happens with relative frequency. Audi Cole at state was the same way. Calvin pace was a bs qb.

Alphonso Smith was a QB. Most smaller schools play their best athletes at QB.

Back