• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Defensive Coach Derrick Jackson

It says he played at Duke back in the late 80's-early 90's and that he was coached by steve spurrier....?? I never knew he was a coach at Duke haha.

Any ways....he seems like a great hire!

That link says DL. If true, I love that we are addressing our biggest weaknesses. Particularly with coaches that have D1 experience as players.

Obviously WFU cant make an official announcement until HR approves it, but my friend was pretty emphatic that it was happening.

I like the fact that he has big state school experience (Michigan State) as well as private and academy school experience (Cuse, Rice and Army). Sounds like another good addition to the program.

Hopefully, this guy can bring in some DL talent as well. He has ties to OH and NJ where there is plenty of football talent.

I like the fact that he has big state school experience (Michigan State) as well as private and academy school experience (Cuse, Rice and Army). Sounds like another good addition to the program.

Hopefully, this guy can bring in some DL talent as well. He has ties to OH and NJ where there is plenty of football talent.

Ditto............

At the speed our HR department works, this guy might be announced just before the rapture.

I hope he brings some real energy and emotion to the program like Galloway seems to have done. From the reports, it is surprising the signing luncheon was so subdued. Welcome Coach.

It says he played at Duke back in the late 80's-early 90's and that he was coached by steve spurrier....?? I never knew he was a coach at Duke haha.

Any ways....he seems like a great hire!

A classic Spurrier moment after one of his Duke teams crushed Mack Brown's Holes, he referred to Mack as "Mr. Football"

Back